Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5 seconds............which hat ?

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Let us imagine that some kind of catastrophe struck your locality, state, country......the world even & you only had 5 seconds to grab a hat.......what hat would you choose. No time to ponder, no time to dither..... which of your hats would you not like to be without.
For those smart asses who'll argue that in 5 seconds they could grab 2 or 3 of their treasured head pieces, please note that all persons found in possession of more than one hat in this post-apocalyptic scenario, will have their hats confiscated & used for potty training..:p

Scanners.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Since I have only about 5 hats out in the living room at the moment, it would have to be one of those. A 1970s Open Road, an OR-style Resistol, a green Crofut & Knapp fedora, and two straws, one Milan and one Panama. Oh, and a Stetson Panama OR in the bedroom.

Probably the 1970s OR or the Resistol.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm assuming that I'll have to deal with some rugged terrain and heavy situations when I leave the house after those 5 seconds ... so based on that and the fact that they are the only ones not boxed and hanging on hooks ... I would most likely grab one of the Camdrafts and hope all my beautiful vintage pieces are there when I return

I'm assuming that I'll have to deal with some rugged terrain and heavy situations when I leave the house after those 5 seconds ... so based on that and the fact that they are the only ones not boxed and hanging on hooks ... I would most likely grab one of the Camdrafts and hope all my beautiful vintage pieces are there when I return

Plus Grandpa's Strat is in safe storage somewhere, isn't it? A bomb-proof, climate-controlled underground bunker, I'd imagine.

After thinking it through a bit, I still don't have a good answer. Like Benzadmiral above, I have a handful in the dining room, so I'd likely grab one of those. Right now, I'd grab my Gus Miller or a Camp Draft, I guess. Maybe my green Dalton.

I'll just make certain I rescue my rabbit. Then I can make a hat later.

Smokie.jpg

"Save me! Save me!"

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Plus Grandpa's Strat is in safe storage somewhere, isn't it? A bomb-proof, climate-controlled underground bunker, I'd imagine.

After thinking it through a bit, I still don't have a good answer. Like Benzadmiral above, I have a handful in the dining room, so I'd likely grab one of those. Right now, I'd grab my Gus Miller or a Camp Draft, I guess. Maybe my green Dalton.

I'll just make certain I rescue my rabbit. Then I can make a hat later.

View attachment 53847
"Save me! Save me!"

ha!!

yeah that hat is in a storage unit ... I need to get it out of there soon ... I need to get everything out of there soon ...

poor little bunny

Ask me next week, or next month, or next year, and you'd probably get a different answer, but right at this moment I'd choose my Taupe Fawn Akubra Campdraft. With Akubra's reputation for durability it would probably get me through the duration of the catastrophe and then some, the brim would offer moderate protection from the sun, and the color is just light enough to not make it uncomfortably hot under direct sunlight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner