Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 "like" jacket by "Winston" cigarette company ?????????

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Hello ,I rcently purchased a nice leather "A-2 like" jacket in good overall condition, except the tag inside where the normal tag goes has been taken out and the liner is slightly frayed that area. the jacket has the normal front snap pockets w/side entry openings , the front right looking at jacket has in dark brown thread the "Winston" Bird & W logo sewn into it , it's a really nice jacket . No odor etc .

Anyone know the what/when where on this one, it's also up for sale , sorry I can't post photos but it is not scuffed/marred in any way and the knit cuffs/waistband are very good condition .

Would like to find out the info on this if possible .
Johnny

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I know that "Camel" Cigarettes made an A2 repro for sale with their "Camel Bucks" or whatever they called their promotion to get folks to smoke BUT I never heard of Winston Cigs doing a similar promotion. It may be an internal incentive company moral type thing... Interesting...

Worf

SIGGY

A-List Customer
Yeah , that's why I'm trying to find out about the jacket, the sewn in design had a large Capitol lettter "W" inside of a inverted "V" border and there's an eagle inflight over the "W" and just below him a scroll with the "Winston" title .

I think it's something along the lines of the "camel" promos" but haven't found any "ads" as I'm not a smoker I wouldn't have ever seen them , anyway if anyone comes up with something on this I'd appreciate a "Pm" about it , thanks !
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn