Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A friends new panama

duggap

Banned
Wow

Gosh that is a nice looking weave on that hat. I bet he is delighted with it. It must be so light he forgets he has it on. These weak ole eyes will not permit me to count the weave per square inch but I bet it is a fairly high count.:eusa_clap

Florida_Marlin

One of the Regulars
Nice Hat

Boy, thats a nice western style panama. Beautiful weave. Really Nice. Makes me want to go put on my Chocolate brown Bison Justins! Lucky friend

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It looks as light as a feather.
I'll follow the several and be the first of many more to say, wow, what a beautiful weave.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
BRAVO!!!!!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rgraham,

There is no if and when - this is unconditionally beautiful!

Thank you and your friend for taking the time to photograph this MUSEUM grade hat and -at last but not at least - for posting this hat.

Pure beauty.

Many thanks again.

Regards:

Tom

HungaryTom

One Too Many
MUSEUM

I wrote not so long ago about hatters not documenting their pinnacle hats.

Superbly blocked Montecristi are true artworks which MUST NOT disappear undocumented like dirty little secrets - those are real artworks.

Since the Montecristi are done in Ecuador but the finest -artistic- shapes come from the US, this is a true American art genre!!!!

Therefore these hats deserve a publicity like true artworks. Nice photographs do only the true justice to them.

Tom

rgraham

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments. They have been passed along to my friend who didn't know I was going to post the images. It was the first time he had seen them as well. I'm sure he will pass the compliments along to those who truly deserve them.

As far as the weight of the hat, I wouldn't be surprised if the hat band weighed more.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Establish own hat museums

This call is valid for all good panama hatters besides Panamabob/Art Fawcett.
I am glad that the favourite hat of Art has been photographed.

Brent Black,
Milton Johnson
Gus Miller
Pauls Hatworks
Graham Thomson
Gary White
Etc.

None of these masters has a hall of fame that is dedicated to their legacy Montecristis!

Were the Lozuk hats of Milton Johnson all photographed?

Where are the 5-10K+ hats photographed?

And yes with the top qualities the prices should be set up in a way to allow time and money to make a decent photo session before the ARTWORK leaves premises. This is not only marketing and trading tool it is the honouring of the own arts.

This is why this thread is a breath of fresh air.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
This hat has a what WPSI ? 1200? This is the finest Panama weave I have seen on the FL and in a cowboy hat to boot:eek: :eek: ...

What did your friend pay for said hat FWIW? The reverse shot with the sun coming through looks like a Milky Way with the pinholes like distant stars in the galaxy...

rgraham

A-List Customer
cookie said:
What did your friend pay for said hat FWIW? The reverse shot with the sun coming through looks like a Milky Way with the pinholes like distant stars in the galaxy...

That is not for me to say. I will say, it did not come cheap.

I like that shot too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails