Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new hair style quandary

Louise Anne

Suspended
I been thinking about changing my hair style for the last few month, The advantages with a wig is that you can have in theory have any style or shade.
MY present style!

Image3-1.jpg
Ideally I would like to go more vintage than modern maybe short curly yet not so vintage that I cannot occationally wear modern fashion too.

Image8-3.jpg

Thinking about something along these lines
I also thinking about changing shade maybe either a blonde or grey ,
Any thoughts towards style and shade would be most welcome
Thank you Paul.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Of those three I like the curly one on the right but I'd be interested to see it in a strawberry-ier or light auburn-tinged blonde. Rather Nicole Kidman? I seem to remember you having very blue eyes unless I had some sort of fever dream and fictionalized the whole thing or am misattributing somebody else's eyes.

A very cool silvery Marilyn platinum blond could be fun as well. And red and white-blond are in some ways most economical in wig form - no redying, no roots! lol

EDITED: because "silverly" is not a word.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I think you'd look cute as a blonde! Wigs are so much fun.

If you're going to go short, go with lots of volume. Volume and blonde = Bombshell ;)

Louise Anne

Suspended
Thank you ! I do like the (Right) one the best, my natural shade is dark brown and going blonde would take a lot of getting use to, my eyes are a greenish blue and i have a darker complexion, I not to sure either if a short curly style will be right for my face shape either.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I relatively new convert to wigs, since chopping my hair off to grow out some very damaging color. What I have seen is that adding grey to a wig tends to increase the chances of it looking too artificial, unless you are going for a high-end human hair wig. I like the wig in the center and if you could get it in a highlighted/streaked color with brown and blond, it would help the transition from brown to blond as well as having a more natural look. This is one that I have and the small amount of highlight really gives it a more natural look.
big01.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Paul,

I like the center style. With the side layers flipped up and back, as in the photo, it has a 50's feel. I wonder if you could also get more of a flapper feel by styling the layers forward a bit, sort of bob-ish.

I suppose blonde could be fun but I think you'd have to see it with your skin coloring to be sure. Also consider you current wardrobe colors and the lipstick/blush colors you look best in because if you change your hair color you might have to tweak those too.

Could you carry a dark auburn? That could be smoldering hot!

Louise Anne

Suspended
I never understand face shapes and complextions, peaple always tell me different thing , your light, or oh you have a dark complextion, I think it depends upon if the shop has a surplus of one shade of foundation to get rid off, as I always get mixed messages.:(

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Paul said:
I never understand face shapes and complextions, peaple always tell me different thing , your light, or oh you have a dark complextion, I think it depends upon if the shop has a surplus of one shade of foundation to get rid off, as I always get mixed messages.:(

Light or dark doesn't matter as much as warm and cool. That is quite easy to figure out on your own. It's best to test in natural light. Using a mirror, hold up something true red, orange, or yellow next yo your face. Then do the same with some blue. Generally, you look better with the opposite color tones. If the blue flatters you, then you have warmer skin tones. If the warmer tones of yellow or red flatter you, then you have cooler skin tones. This helps with hair color, too. If you have warm skin tones, then you need a cool red (like burgundy) or an ash-based blond. If you have cool skin tones, then you can wear an orange based red (generally, a natural red color) or a golden blond.

Lenore

Practically Family
Paul said:

Paul,

This was discussed on this thread recently and there are several links listed. If I were to throw my $0.02 in, I would say you're a summer (and I would go for the blonde!) :)

Louise Anne

Suspended
An image makeover

Well Ladies after 5 month I finally done it:-
At the end of last year I decided to have a image makeover and through out my entire wardrobe starting a fresh, first with some new clothes and yesterday

A Brand new hair style and shade

This is the very first time ( apart from the shop and I think you do have to get use to it a and learn how to wear it little.
Image3.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Paul said:
Hi Lenore, it all has to work togther, the suit is fast becomeing a favorite for me not to sure if black goes with the grey.
Thank you

Dahling! Don't you know black goes with everything? ;)

I know what you mean though. If you think it's too severe you could always punch it up with some colorful accessories. Scarfs? Jewellry? The world is your oyster. :)

Louise Anne

Suspended
Avalon said:
Fantastic, Paul! What made you decide to go with grey? :)
Some people have said that I suit a more classic or formal look, decided to see if I could carry off a slightly older look by going grey yet still wear elegant and classic clothes, my be a sexy mature women, I do know just what you call it, at the end of the day it's for other to judge if I pulling it off.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Lenore said:
Dahling! Don't you know black goes with everything? ;)

I know what you mean though. If you think it's too severe you could always punch it up with some colorful accessories. Scarfs? Jewellry? The world is your oyster. :)
yess that's the word I am looking for severe your right I have to add some colour to it thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner