Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Review - U.S. Authentic G-1

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
U.S. Authentic G-1, size 40R.
Shaul was spot on in his recommendation for a size 40 for a "slim" fit. The jacket is perfect in every way. Wearing a sweater underneath is certainly not an option, so will use my G&B or Wings coats in those situations.
I cringe when spending north of $500 on anything, let alone a jacket! But I'm satisfied with the purchase.

The jacket weighs in at 3.5 lbs, a bit lighter than my others.

P - P - 22 1/2"
Shoulder - 19 3/4"
Back - 25
Sleeve - 25
Waistband - 15
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0043.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG

Skyhawk

Vendor
Looks Nice! I like the pocket shape. Looks like they are using sewn together wrist knits instead specification one piece wool knits. I wonder if they are wool or a poly blend? Also a modern paperclip style zipper instead of a silver Talon found on most original M422 jackets. It would be a more authentic reproduction if these details were correct, but none the less, looks like a great wearer! That Mouton looks super soft like the Cockpit version I had a while back. Nice!

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I think the cuffs / waistband are from a blend. I actually prefer this as the pure wool I have on others pils really fast. The other thing is this G-1 has the side entry pockets. This is an optional feature. You can get the jacket without these if that's your wish. Yes, the color is really soft. The length of the fur is a bit longer than on my other G-1's. This jacket reminds me very much of the Cockpit G-1 I just sold (big mistake).

Deacon211

One Too Many
Nice jacket Tex!

Actually looks better than the pics on the website which have a few odd features.

The US Authentic isn't my favorite variation on the jacket, but it certainly looks like a well made garment.

Wear it in good health!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
The jacket was purchased as a trial fit, with the thought of having them make a custom G-1 for me. I could go with 1" less thru the shoulders, but overall it fits spot on. Think I'll keep it!
It is as well made as any other jacket in my small collection.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
While some may have found dealing with Shaul a bit of a challenge, he was extremely helpful in my case. Answering every email in a timely manner, and always with good advice for my purchase.
I would certainly buy from him again, and recommend the company to anyone looking for a quality jacket.
Plus, they will custom make your jacket if the off the rack size does not fit.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
That's true for all of us. No matter how well a jacket is constructed, one is never really satisfied unless it fits the way we want.

It turns out to be a double edge sword...I used to walk into my closet, grab a jacket and throw it on. Not thinking about back length, sleeve length (tunneling), etc. I have now become hyper-critical of fit. It has turned into an obsession, almost a disease. Is there help for this dilemma?

Skyhawk

Vendor
It turns out to be a double edge sword...I used to walk into my closet, grab a jacket and throw it on. Not thinking about back length, sleeve length (tunneling), etc. I have now become hyper-critical of fit. It has turned into an obsession, almost a disease. Is there help for this dilemma?
Yes...... Buy more jackets!!!! :)

thor

Call Me a Cab
Very nice jacket! Looks rather similar to the 1950's 55-J14 model of the G-1.
I've always liked US-A jackets but my only (minor) detailing critique on their G-1 is that they use the same rib/rack elastic material for both the waistband and the cuffs (on originals, only the waistband was rib/rack, the cuffs being more standard no-seam elastic wool knit, like on an A-2). But that's quibbling over minutiae.
Wear it in good health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran