Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A silver screen Christmas!

MDFrench

A-List Customer
Hey all,

Merry Christmas to you all. MK, I hope you and the family had a great holiday. To Paddy and 'B17 and everyone else across the water, hope yours was a Happy Christmas.

Well, my collection of 350 DVDs just jumped to 389! Many many Golden Era classics that I needed and wanted are now present in my collection, as well as a few more contemporary treats. Odd side note: I had the film Niagara on my wish list, because I am such a film noir/Joseph Cotten fan. Well, I guess my giftgivers didn't realize that Niagara can be purchased separately from the Marilyn Monroe box set, because I found myself holding the entire box set with a lot of films I don't know what to do with... Hmm...

Anyway, here's a list of this holiday's additions to my movie collection:

Maltese Falcon
Big Sleep
Grand Hotel
Gaslight
Big Country
MacKenna's Gold
Winchester '78
Vertigo
Rear Window (already owned, but part of Jimmy Stewart collection set)
Harvey (as noted above)
Destry Rides Again
Patton (2 disc set)
Longest Day (now I own TWO of these!)
Band of Brothers
Hell is for Heroes
The Thing
Brubaker
The Pink Panther Collection
Adam's Rib
Mildred Pierce
Shadow of a Doubt
You Can't Take It With You
Mr. Deeds Goes to Town
Used Cars
Tora Tora Tora
Thin Red Line
Niagara (AND everything else in the Marilyn Monroe VII box set, including River of No Return and the Cary Grant farce, Monkey Business)
Gunga Din

Happy Holidays to you all. - Michael

Kent Allard

New in Town
My DVD collection didn't jump quite so high, only 4 new titles, but I'm very happy with them.

It's A Wonderful Life
War of the Worlds
To Have and Have Not
Pleasantville

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails