Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Addicted To The Fedora Lounge

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I'm curious.

Maybe because I am fairly new here (since July 31st), or maybe because I am thrilled to know that so many of us exist, or maybe because I have a passion for the past...

I'm just curious to know how much time you all spend here.

My name is Ann, and I'm an addict. lol

When I get to work, I tend keep the lounge open in the background and check it throughout the day and read old posts. There is such a wonderful amount of information, and pictures, and stories, and SO MANY threads.

I'll just stop now before you realize how much time I am really spending here.
lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I check in on the average 2x a day. In the mornings (which is sometimes late mornings) and in the evenings. Sometimes maybe in the afternoons. [huh] Yes, I am an addict too. I don't always post or have anything of interest to say, but I check the posts, see whats going on, sigh......I need a life. Hopefully one outside of work is coming to me soon from Indiana.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I belong to quite a few boards but the Lounge is the only one that's got me addicted. I check in a couple times a day (more if work is slow!).

Starius

Practically Family
You know, I honestly think I'm becoming rather obsessive compulsive about checking the lounge for updates through the day. I haven't really been here all that long, really. But since first coming here, I find myself here all the time now.

Just a great online community, a real positive one. I've taken part in several discussion forums and they often have a tendency to generate a real negative atmosphere which ultimately leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But not here, this is definitely one of the jewels in the Internet rough.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
I was up til 2:30 this morning constantly checking for new threads on the lounge. My name is Ingrid, and I am an addict, and I like it!!!!!!

PA Dancer said:
I'm curious.

Maybe because I am fairly new here (since July 31st), or maybe because I am thrilled to know that so many of us exist, or maybe because I have a passion for the past...

I'm just curious to know how much time you all spend here.

My name is Ann, and I'm an addict. lol

When I get to work, I tend keep the lounge open in the background and check it throughout the day and read old posts. There is such a wonderful amount of information, and pictures, and stories, and SO MANY threads.

I'll just stop now before you realize how much time I am really spending here.
lol

Starius

Practically Family
Harry L. Rinker wrote in his book How To Think Like a Collector:

One can achieve no greater high than one resulting from collecting. Collecting often produces an adrenaline rush. I do not understand why people need mind-altering drugs when antiques and collectibles are available. My collectibles highs last far longer and have no side effects (except maybe a financial one now and then).

I think if you replace "collectibles" with "the fedora lounge," this statement could be applied here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko