Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Additional Forums?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Ive been poking around the boards and it seems there are some people in request of a couple of different forums.

In particular a Book (Id include literature and art in that one as well)
and a Home forum (from everything to furnishings architecture, DYI, and the like).

I think these are great ideas.
Anyone else have some ideas (realistically mind you) on what may make a good addition to our Vintage Board?

Just curious, and sorry if this thread has been started before. :eek:

LD

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
on the regional note, i was thinking it would be cool to have a spot where different regions could have general "what's going on around town" threads. there are a couple things coming up in my area, but i don't think they warrant a thread on their own, but i don't want to start a whole new post either.

am i making sense? :eusa_doh:

Phil

A-List Customer
It'd be nice to see a forum for bands. Like, instrumental plateyers where we could discuss music of the era and weiring styles and such. Stuff that would be weird on the Radio forum.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Fountain Pen Posts

There have been so many fountain pen discussions, that seems like a natural for a new forum.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
If you look at the magic cafe forum...they have many different threads but all about magic. I think all of the idea presented sound great.

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
Possibly a miscellaneous and/or trinket forum that could include pens, watches, and other pieces of fashion that don't fit in the other categories. Otherwise everything ends up scattered between The Observation Bar and everywhere in between. It is good, however, that the guys in charge haven't created an overabundance of forum categories, otherwise it becomes incredibly tedious! Upon first arriving here it's daunting enough trying to absorb all of the available information!

Matt

Cacklewack

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
on the regional note, i was thinking it would be cool to have a spot where different regions could have general "what's going on around town" threads. there are a couple things coming up in my area, but i don't think they warrant a thread on their own, but i don't want to start a whole new post either.

am i making sense? :eusa_doh:

Subforums for the various regions may be helpful, but I don't know if there are enough events going on to require such separation. I've noticed on a couple other forums I'm part of that the regional subforums become communities of there own -- sometimes at the cost of the overall community. Maybe that was just those weird motorcyclists, though!

Matt

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cacklewack said:
Possibly a miscellaneous and/or trinket forum that could include pens, watches, and other pieces of fashion that don't fit in the other categories. Otherwise everything ends up scattered between The Observation Bar and everywhere in between. It is good, however that the guys in charge haven't created an overabundance of forum categories, otherwise it becomes incredibly tedious! Upon first arriving here it's daunting enough trying to absorb all of the available information!

Matt

True and true.
I think a Home forum could be used for what you described.

LD

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Thank you.

I have often thought it would be useful to have a dance forum to cover dance etiquette, programs, history, music, events and getting the most out of lessons. Even a sticky somewhere would be helpful, but I'm not sure what the best place would be.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Seems like from what everyone is saying, we need some new umbrellas for threads -- something for domesticity (decorating, cooking, cleaning, baking), and something for hobbies and past times (gardening, dance, watches, collections, etc.) at least.

I think we get in danger of being too specific & scattered if everything were broken down too far... Hmmm. How could it be done??

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
I would love a forum about music from the golden era-jazz, big band, swing and everything in between! And we should not sell classical music short either.

I also love the literature and art forum suggestion. And the goings on about town idea too!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lady Blue said:
I would love a forum about music from the golden era-jazz, big band, swing and everything in between! And we should not sell classical music short either.

Thats the Radio forum. Thats all they chat on is tunes and radio personalities.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot