Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aerial Star A-2 Jacket: Mini-review and pictures!

Nicolas Voss

New in Town
Hello loungers,

I have been a very happy owner of an Aerial Star A-2 for about a month now, and would like to share my thoughts with the rest of you. I am not an expert on A-2 jackets or leather, but tomsk has already done an excellent, more in depth, review: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...r-A2-Incredible-Steerhide-Great-Cut-I-Love-It!

I am in love with this jacket. Seriously. I have worn it more than any other piece of outerwear in this winter month. It goes with just about anything, and can be dressed up or down.

The fit is true to size, it is not the baggy fit that is sometimes seen. The cuffs are a lovely wool knit, and feel very nice and do a great job of keeping the wind away.

The leather is absolutely gorgeous, and has a depth of color that I don't see very often. It is specially lovely in the warm sun, and I have taken a few pictures to try and showcase that. It is not lightweight, but has the right heft to it that you can feel that it will last a long while and age well. I have worn it on multiple ocasions and it has even been a bit mistreated by other people when I wasn't looking but it still looks great.

Chris is a great guy, kept me updated through the whole process. And honestly, the price for this level of craftsmanship and leather quality can't be beat. In my case he sent it to me and waited for my approval to process the payment, which will be done in three installments (not sure if that offer is still available). I'm writing this not only because I'm satisfied with the product and wanted to let other loungers know, but also because I think Chris has a great product and customer service and I want to see him succeed.
Since pictures are worth a thousand words, here are a few pictures Chris sent me along with a few I took.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

photo-7.jpg

QIjEya.jpg

00doCb.jpg

YhexKA.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
^ Seconded!

And fits pics with dimensions - yours and the jacket - are even more appreciated. Personally, I am especially interested in the length of it and your height

Nicolas Voss

New in Town
Sorry about the delay. Here are the fit pics. I took these in a hurry, so perhaps not the ideal circumstances, but I think you can see the fit pretty well. These are 36 tall, and to me they fit very well without being baggy but also without restricting my movement and allowing me to layer.
pNjoOX.jpg

u6ZDwb.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
Very good job on the photos Nicolas I can see that the length is really good, for body and sleeves. The fit looks absolutely bang on too, you must be delighted.

Please can you tell us your height, and how long the sleeves and body are. Thanks!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Those are the best pics I've seen to date of the jacket and it's a perfect, 100% on the mark fit.

Side note, I notice you have that horizontal crease on the back of yours as well. Was it shipped folded over in half like that? I voiced that complaint to Chris a while back. The good news is mine was starting to disappear after a few months.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Very nice, fit looks good. So, it is a size 36 Tall? May I ask how tall you are and if possible can you measure the jacket.
Sleeves, back length, chest, shoulders etc...
This info along with the pics really help a lot is gauging sizing and fit.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Good lookin' jacket. I hope that this outfit continues to produce reasonably priced good lookin' gear. I think the hide looks great on you. Enjoy.

Worf

Nicolas Voss

New in Town
Thanks Worf and all the others for your comments! I'm very pleased with it, indeed.

@nick123 - I have never noticed that crease, now that you mention it. It might be due to the fact that I had to fold it for a trip a few days earlier, or that I was sitting in a cramped car before taking the pictures. I'm still a bit unsure on whether to hang up the jacket, since I read somewhere that hanging it on a regular hanger might damage the shoulders, so I have to get myself some suit hangers.

@Brettafett and schitzo - I'm not at home with the jacket at the moment, but I'll measure it and post it here in the next few days. In my case, Chris recommended adding 2" to the sleeves and length. I'm 6 ft tall (1,81 meters).

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thanks. 6ft tall and thats a size 36! Wow.
So, asking more personal questions... What do you weigh and what is your chest measurement?
I am close to as tall as you and usually wear a size 40 A-2 (possibly a 38).

Nicolas Voss

New in Town
Yes, I am really rather skinny, i don't think there's any other way to put it. I weigh about 150 pounds, and my chest measurement is 37.5 inches (95 cm). As for the jacket, I've never really measured one before, but here goes (I'm listing the measurements in cm also because that's what I originally measured them in). Let me know if you need anything more specific.
Chest: 41 inches (104 cm)
Length (measured from the bottom of the collar, like a suit): 25.5 inches (65 cm)
Sleeves (measured from the bottom of the collar also: 34 inches (86 cm)

Hope this helps!

schitzo

Suspended
Yes, I am really rather skinny, i don't think there's any other way to put it. I weigh about 150 pounds, and my chest measurement is 37.5 inches (95 cm). As for the jacket, I've never really measured one before, but here goes (I'm listing the measurements in cm also because that's what I originally measured them in). Let me know if you need anything more specific.
Chest: 41 inches (104 cm)
Length (measured from the bottom of the collar, like a suit): 25.5 inches (65 cm)
Sleeves (measured from the bottom of the collar also: 34 inches (86 cm)

Hope this helps!

Hey Nicholas, thanks for those. If I can have anything I want.. how about could you please have a buddy measure from the bone at the base of your neck (at the back) down to the base of your belt? That would be useful data for me. Obviously you need to be wearing a belt at that time.

Re: the length of yours, then according to that measurement and the measurements page on the aerial star website it would appear you had 1 inch of extra length added and not in fact 2

Last edited:

Nicolas Voss

New in Town
Yes, you're right. I was mistaken regarding how much the tall size adds to the length and sleeves, it's actually 1 inch. I'll get you that measurement, no problem.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I know that the standard back length of a size 40 is 25.5 inches (collar seam to bottom of knit). Chris said it was closer to 26". Possibly if pulled tightly but it's safe to say it's close to 25.5". I measured more than once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy