Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 15142 compared to 3785...?

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi gents,
I am looking for info regarding the differences and/ or similarities between these two Aeroleather jacket patterns [huh].
I am very familiar with the 15142 (as most of you know ;-), but am thinking of the 3785 for my next jacket :p .
Ideas comparing fit, arm holes, shape, collar size, etc... would be most welcome.
Anyone with size 40 measurements, or has had both the above jackets to compare? Any pics of a 3785?
Thanks in advance....:eusa_clap

Brettafett

One Too Many
Yeah, I think Amanda's ears are ringing with all my questions over the last while :eusa_doh:
Theres not much online, besides what you have already mentioned.
I am assuming it'll be just the collar stand and slightly trimmer in the waist area, what that amounts to, I just don't know...
You know what would be ideal... And I wish I had done this years back... is to buy one of each contract, compare them, keep your favourite, return the rest. (or perhaps thats trouble, what if you really liked em all!)

Well, you COULD do that, if you have the cash. I am liking the trimmer models more and more. I love the Bronco. I have two. There's also the '38 Aero and 1755 Dubow, both with collar-stands.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can only comment on originals. The 1940 Aero from the 3785 contract has nipple snaps, a collar stand and slightly different shaped pockets compared with the 1942 15142 contract. The latter has ring snaps, no collar stand, often berry knits and is not such a trim design. The body is wider as are the sleeves. The 1940 Aero was made from russet hh whilst most from the large 14152 contract are seal brown.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Andrew, so, you'd say that the 3785 should be a little trimmer? Thanks for the input!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Well, you COULD do that, if you have the cash. I am liking the trimmer models more and more. I love the Bronco. I have two. There's also the '38 Aero and 1755 Dubow, both with collar-stands.
Well, theres the Bronco. Amanda recons its the trimmest A-2 pattern they offer, so its a contender for sure. I know you have the Capeskin Bronco, which other one do you have? Are there pics? My only personal issue with the Bronco, is the small pockets...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Well, theres the Bronco. Amanda recons its the trimmest A-2 pattern they offer, so its a contender for sure. I know you have the Capeskin Bronco, which other one do you have? Are there pics? My only personal issue with the Bronco, is the small pockets...

I will get some pics. I like the pockets. Huge pockets look odd to me. But my jackets being 48-52 (tagged size) are larger so all pockets look smaller. Small jackets I like less due to that proportion of pocket size. Just me. All I use them for is an iPhone and cash. And the good luck coin.

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
38- 1711: Trimmest Aero repro, high armholes, very slim sleeves but also short in the body

Aero Bronco: Second trimmest Aero. Narrow and fairly long body but wide and comfortable shoulders, slim sleeves but almost no taper at the cuffs, back has substantialy less leather compared to the 42...contract

If you can actually wear a closer tailored jacket I would very much recommend to check out the Bronco and the pre-war 381711 contract.

Brettafett

One Too Many
38- 1711: Trimmest Aero repro, high armholes, very slim sleeves but also short in the body

Aero Bronco: Second trimmest Aero. Narrow and fairly long body but wide and comfortable shoulders, slim sleeves but almost no taper at the cuffs, back has substantialy less leather compared to the 42...contract

If you can actually wear a closer tailored jacket I would very much recommend to check out the Bronco and the pre-war 381711 contract.

Thanks Jan,
Good info...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy