Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 and other jackets leathers

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
I've handled a few Aero jackets so far and they were mostly made from FQHH, very heavy. It seems that most jackets that Aero manufactures are actually made from FQHH. I'm not sure if FQHH always means a rather heavy leather.
For A-2s I got the impression from pics from the 40s that the leathers are thinner. While one can probably wear a sweater beneath an A-2 and thus wear it in autumn and even winter, it seems that most prefer just a t-shirt or a shirt beneath and wear it in moderate temperature.
So, my question is, is Aero using thinner leathers for their A-2s or the same FQHH.
How would the Aero leathers (let's say Horsehide) for the A-2s compare to Eastman, Buzz Rickson and The RealMcCoys?

Foster

One of the Regulars
The leather they used in my recent A-2 is thinner than a mid-weight horsehide jacket of theirs which I can comment on. I believe they are supposed to use lighter leather than what is conventionally used on the civilian model jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy