Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero customer service-- can't be beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sshack

A-List Customer
Just wanted to give everyone an update regarding the color fading on my black CXL FQHH Highwayman. I sent it back to Aero and they looked it over and agreed that the fading is excessive. Probably an odd batch of CXL and an isolated incident. They made me a new Highwayman (in only two days!) with some new CXL they just received.

What's my take away from all this? I'm thankful that I purchased my jacket direct from Holly @ Aero. Certainly there are many options and many jacket manufacturers. And most of them put out respectable product...but one thing that is worth paying a premium for is Aero's customer service. They don't nickel and dime you, they don't dismiss you out of hand. Most importantly, they actually give a damn about their reputation and their customers. It seems counter-intuitive, but I find so many businesses these days just don't give a shit (after the sale).

In the future, I think I will place my orders directly with Holly and the rest of the Aero team. It's worth the peace of mind.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Great result. I've been on the receiving end of their stellar customer service too, and it's certainly earned my loyalty.

sshack

A-List Customer
Great service and great result, you must be Happy Happy Happy!

Happy? Definitely. But really, I'm just relieved that Aero was honest and fair and took care of me. Hard to find service like that these days.

It took a long time for my original Highwayman to be delivered and I was hesitant to "rock the boat." Maybe I should just live with it, I thought. I heard so many posters telling me that the color fading was normal, that the fading looked better, etc. It would have been easy for Aero to dismiss me saying I was too picky. But the jacket just didn't compare to my sample piece and I wanted a jacket that would break in over a long time.

Cooperson

One Too Many
You did we'll to push for what you wanted, these are expensive jackets and need to be right. The Happy Happy Happy quote was just a result of me getting back from the pub and watching Duck Dynasty, love that show!

Please post some fit pics when the jacket arrives.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's always nice to feel that a maker is willing to take ownership of their product long after its left the factory.

Greenbird

New in Town
Sshack: Congratulations. My jacket, which was sent to Thurston for shipment to Aero, should be at Aero by now and I am waiting to hear what they think of the fade.

rippsnorter

New in Town
I'm actually surprised they're still in business. I'm glad you managed to get some good customer service out of them, sadly it was not at ALL my experience! 3 years of frustration, emails and promises by them, I did finally get my jackets, but they were never done right. After my last jacket was shipped to me with extra pockets that were not supposed to be there, they finally just ignored any future emails from me.

I have a long correspondence with them with emails and dates to back it all up if anyone wants to see and save themselves a bad situation.

After spending a LOT on 2 jackets with plans for more, I certainly will never buy from them again.

Last edited:

sshack

A-List Customer
I'm actually surprised they're still in business. I'm glad you managed to get some good customer service out of them, sadly it was not at ALL my experience! 3 years of frustration, emails and promises by them, I did finally get my jackets, but they were never done right. After my last jacket was shipped to me with extra pockets that were not supposed to be there, they finally just ignored any future emails from me.

I have a long correspondence with them with emails and dates to back it all up if anyone wants to see and save themselves a bad situation.

After spending a LOT on 2 jackets with plans for more, I certainly will never buy from them again.

That's a shame, Ripp. But it sounds like you were dealing with the old regime? I've primarily dealt with Holly and have only positive experiences with her and the Aero team. So far I've got the Highwayman and another jacket on the way. I'm sure I'll have a third Aero at some point.

sshack

A-List Customer
Sshack: Congratulations. My jacket, which was sent to Thurston for shipment to Aero, should be at Aero by now and I am waiting to hear what they think of the fade.

Hi, Green. I can't speak for Aero and I'm sure every jacket is unique... Also, since you purchased through Thurston, I'm not sure if that plays a role. But I have no doubt Aero will do whatever is fair.

rippsnorter

New in Town
That's a shame, Ripp. But it sounds like you were dealing with the old regime? I've primarily dealt with Holly and have only positive experiences with her and the Aero team. So far I've got the Highwayman and another jacket on the way. I'm sure I'll have a third Aero at some point.

It was at first. However I dealt with Holly, Denny and Ken directly for about a year.

I'm not trying to make a mess in someone elses thread, but after $1600+, I wish someone had voiced something besides a glowing report when I was shopping for them.

After my last email asking why my coat had an extra pocket, they stopped responding. Not good customer service. That's not counting all the previous history of more than 2 years to fulfill 2 jacket orders.

If it makes someone hesitant in the future, or ensures better customer service from them, it's a good thing to disclose a bad experience.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well there's always two sides to every story. My dealings with Aero have been exemplary so far. I'm having trouble getting my last order from them but I'll give them a bit more time to straighten things out. Measure twice cut once. I've definite opinions on some other makers but won't discuss them someone else's thread. I just think it's sad that we're so gob smacked when we get great service from a company because now we're so used to get shat upon.

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I think the weight of experience is that Ken, Holly and Denny bend over backwards to accommodate customers, whether it's current ones, or those who dealt with the previous regime or even the dark days of Mark Moyes. They can't please everyone, though, and Holly deals with hundreds of emails every day. So there's always going to be a point in any discussion where they have to politely say no to what is wanted (or demanded), or their offer doesn't meet the person's (possibly unreasonable) expectations.[huh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails