Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Midnight Blue FQHH

It'll be watching closely to see how this breaks in. I think my next jacket will be the Sheene and this may very well be the hide and color that I go with.

Well done, buddy.
You won't be disappointed man. I really wish I could capture the shade. It's much more green than blue. I'll keep posting as I go but the summer heat in Chicago will hinder any real wear for awhile.

I'm a God awful photographer. But at least this proves I'm not crazy. This hide is a super dark evergreen. Right??
image.jpeg

I've nothing to add that others didn't already say but seriously, one of the best designed and fitting jackets that turned up in a long, long while! I thought the BL was a perfection but seeing this one leaves zero doubt in my mind that you shouldn't regret selling the BL. For that one perfect jacket, this is it. Actually, it's a good thing you sold the BL.

No doubt people will be sending these photos to Aero/Thurston for reference on how they want their jackets to fit, and it's the mods alone that make it a unique jacket that really should find its place in an Aero MC range. Their motorcycle jackets lack the HB and this is just perfect. In this colour! And I second the notion for the jacket to be called The Ton!

It has a dark blue/ grey tone in flat light. When fully illuminated it's a very dark green! It's wild stuff and almost impossible to capture with a camera. Kind of like cordovan it's just really difficult to show the real deal with a camera. Honestly I'd call the color "forest black". It's like looking at a pine tree at dusk.

What a great color!
Now that you have the jacket, would you mind passing along the sample piece? ;)
Or is it still in your pocket?

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Fantastic jacket! Love everything about it. I've been debating about a zip-sleeve MC-style Highwayman for a while now, but this Half-Belt hits it out of the park. Monitor is right - I might be one of those guys queuing up at Thurston / Aero with this jacket as a template. Very well done Sir!!!

Wonderful looking 30's HB - the color is subtle but I get a hint of the blue in the highlighted areas. It would be interesting to compare side-to-side against a black jacket and your new HB in midnight blue.

I recall you had a bootlegger in Cordovan CXL Steerhide that you recently parted with. That was a fine jacket but I'm sure your reasons for replacing it with this new jacket are justified.

In a word - Magnifique!
Been wearing it regularly in the morning, indoors. Can't wait to get out in the snow and shovel, work up a good sweat and break it in. Here's a side by side with my black Vanson. Slightly different light and my blue shirt really brings out the blue.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Great side-by-side comparison - the blue FQHH is very striking compared to the black jkt on the left. The color is even more dramatic than the Cordovan BL you had.

The jacket appears to be breaking in nicely and I would suspect this one is a keeper.

That black jacket on the left is certainly one of the more robust jackets I've seen on here in some time. It appears to be concrete reinforced and would stand up to anything!

Great side-by-side comparison - the blue FQHH is very striking compared to the black jkt on the left. The color is even more dramatic than the Cordovan BL you had.

The jacket appears to be breaking in nicely and I would suspect this one is a keeper.

That black jacket on the left is certainly one of the more robust jackets I've seen on here in some time. It appears to be concrete reinforced and would stand up to anything!
That's the reason it's the only jacket I've never even considered selling! The blue is interesting and just like the Cordo has chameleon like tendencies. Same day, different light
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass