Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Midnight Blue FQHH

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
There factory is only 2 miles from my front door. I've thought about asking for a tour many times. When you look at the building...you'd never know what kind of magic goes on in there!
You should! It's an amazing place - starts out smelling like a butcher's yard, ends up smelling like Aero's store room.

My 30's HB has arrived ahead of it's promised time and it certainly does not dissapoint! The color of the jacket is so incredibly hard to capture. It looks straight up black in my pics but it's not black and it's not blue. It's the darkest of dark evergreen and it's next to impossible to photo. I wasn't going to post any pics until I could get it into full sun but as I sit in my house with the jacket fully zipped, a/c blasting, I couldn't help myself. I absolutely love it. Made some minor length changes from the Bootlegger and I think it worked. 1/2" longer sleeves 1/2 shorter back and a full size up. The shoulder gussets were a great add to. They allow a bit of relaxation where the bootlegger really pulled.
It's lined in OD drill and the hide is quite grainy right out of the box.
I'll get some full sun shots up as soon as I can but for now I have these.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Man, that's very nice! Can't wait to see how much lighter the friction areas will get.
Please post some pics as you wear it in.
Will do. Your visit to the factory and notes on the color sealed the deal for me and you were completely right. It's truly such a dark green. Wish I could capture it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket and a helluva fit!

Just a shame its so difficult to capture the colour......even if it was "just" black, it still looks amazing.

So its like a moto-inspired half belt? Zippered hand-warmers, yoke and gusset shoulders all from the sheene, yet still a half belt and the 30's HB cuffs.... I REALLY like it, they should make it a new model and call it "The Ton"

VERY cool mate, you must be happy?

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Wonderful looking 30's HB - the color is subtle but I get a hint of the blue in the highlighted areas. It would be interesting to compare side-to-side against a black jacket and your new HB in midnight blue.

I recall you had a bootlegger in Cordovan CXL Steerhide that you recently parted with. That was a fine jacket but I'm sure your reasons for replacing it with this new jacket are justified.

In a word - Magnifique!

Wonderful looking 30's HB - the color is subtle but I get a hint of the blue in the highlighted areas. It would be interesting to compare side-to-side against a black jacket and your new HB in midnight blue.

I recall you had a bootlegger in Cordovan CXL Steerhide that you recently parted with. That was a fine jacket but I'm sure your reasons for replacing it with this new jacket are justified.

In a word - Magnifique!
No reason for selling the Bootlegger other than guilt! I'll probably order another one and then sell it for the same reason:confused:

Great jacket and a helluva fit!

Just a shame its so difficult to capture the colour......even if it was "just" black, it still looks amazing.

So its like a moto-inspired half belt? Zippered hand-warmers, yoke and gusset shoulders all from the sheene, yet still a half belt and the 30's HB cuffs.... I REALLY like it, they should make it a new model and call it "The Ton"

VERY cool mate, you must be happy?
I'm thrilled! Gives me a little more versatility than the BL.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Wish I could capture the true hue. Will try to get some full sun pics up soon. The light in my living room is so flat and doesn't do the color justice.

dan_t

Practically Family
That's one VERY sharp jacket!
It doesn't really look like a 30's half belt, as Protein said above, it fits like a moto jacket, with the half belt added. I love it.

Would love to be able to fast forward about five years and see what the wear is like. Something tells me that the benefit of ordering this unique hide won't really be obvious until then.

That's one VERY sharp jacket!
It doesn't really look like a 30's half belt, as Protein said above, it fits like a moto jacket, with the half belt added. I love it.

Would love to be able to fast forward about five years and see what the wear is like. Something tells me that the benefit of ordering this unique hide won't really be obvious until then.
I think you're right Dan. I can see so much of the color when wearing it and looking down at the hide but it just doesn't translate with pics.

theundeadkennedy

One of the Regulars
Very nice. I think taking the plunge and being first paid off with this jacket. As others have said, you really did nailed the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Excellent Choice with this jacket Tony! Being honest at first when you mentioned the blue I thought, hum that may be odd. However it's so perfect in terms of color and shape! I like that it's more than just "black." And I agree that once you get outside with it a bit, in that soon to be chilly & windy Chicago air, you'll see and appreciate the richness of this color choice all the more. Fit is completely spot-on! Great job... :)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
so the sun with fade it into green and the usage will scrub it into brown, maybe it is time for you to hit the beach this summer to sunbath and roll around on the sand in it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW