Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Midnight Blue FQHH

:DThanks to a very kind gesture from Denny, I received today a sample of the aforementioned hide. What a lovely, intoxicating hide it is indeed. I will most certainly use it for my pending order, which is just about a week away. Thanks also to Carlos for his tip about the shade, which really peaked my interest. It's very reminiscent, to me, of Cordo in that it has chameleon like characteristics. It can look very black but as seen in in the pics I think it's got a very deep pine, evergreen tone. The stitching color definitely leads the eye. For reference that's a lagunitas little sumpin' and it's straw orange through and through:D
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I love it. It's done. I'm sold!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 875

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I never received the samples I asked for :( guess the request was got lost somehow.

The money has been spent on the ELMC Roadster instead now.....but looking forward to seeing your jacket and thoughts on it for the future perhaps.

Is this for your half belt? Did you decide on the action back?

I never received the samples I asked for :( guess the request was got lost somehow.

The money has been spent on the ELMC Roadster instead now.....but looking forward to seeing your jacket and thoughts on it for the future perhaps.

Is this for your half belt? Did you decide on the action back?
Still waiting for the fit jacket to decide on the specs. But yes a 30's HB fo sho.

What a lovely hide! Is it blue all the way thru, or is the core brown? HB in blue, or at least dark blue, will indeed be something else.

...this reminded me again of the fantastic red hide they've had a while ago. And I missed it. I was thinking, sure, some day I'll order that CR in red... And then it was gone. Should've done it straight away.

It's brown/beige on the rough out side. Man I've been playing with it for three hours. I love this color!!!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Nice, looking forward to seeing the result!
There is a definite very dark emerald/turquoise thing going on in this hide, i would be interested to see how it ages and how the rubbing points change colour.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
This seems to be an "in" color right now. I just got back from a trip to Paris and saw lots of dark blue leather jackets. Most of the men's jackets I saw in this color were of the modern cafe racer-style jackets. The first couple I saw I thought it was definitely a cool color, but by the end of my trip after having seen several dozen more I was sick of it. Kinda like with anything that becomes trendy, at first you think "hmmm interesting", then after the billionth time, you want to vomit

This seems to be an "in" color right now. I just got back from a trip to Paris and saw lots of dark blue leather jackets. Most of the men's jackets I saw in this color were of the modern cafe racer-style jackets. The first couple I saw I thought it was definitely a cool color, but by the end of my trip after having seen several dozen more I was sick of it. Kinda like with anything that becomes trendy, at first you think "hmmm interesting", then after the billionth time, you want to vomit
I would say this isn't your typical blue, not by a long shot. Just like Cordo it has many shades that are hard to pin down. It's black, deep forest, super dark. I haven't seen or felt another hide like it. I'll gladly pioneer up on this one, if it hasn't been done already.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Awesome Tony! I think it would be amazing! Wonder if you coudl see any of that at Horween there in Chicago to get an idea of a larger hide / surface area in different light?

Awesome Tony! I think it would be amazing! Wonder if you coudl see any of that at Horween there in Chicago to get an idea of a larger hide / surface area in different light?
Their factory is only 2 miles from my front door. I've thought about asking for a tour many times. When you look at the building...you'd never know what kind of magic goes on in there!

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
There factory is only 2 miles from my front door. I've thought about asking for a tour many times. When you look at the building...you'd never know what kind of magic goes on in there!
Whenever I make it back to Chicago, we should meet up there for a tour...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav