Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Pioneer

Graemsay

Practically Family
I have to say if you are going to mod a jacket and are prepared to pay for it, great, but don't be so hard-headed, listen to Ken and Denny, listen to what they advise on, they see hundreds of jackets coming and going, you don't, and they know a fine jacket. Put down your bucket list by all means, send it in, but listen to the feedback they give.

If you commission a bespoke or custom article of clothing always take this advice.

Nice jacket, Simon. I like the detailing on it.

Butte, Simon's jeans are the 1955S Ironheart cut. (No, I'm not that much of a denim nerd. I saw his post elsewhere.)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Simon, that is an exceptionally unique jacket with the button closure which seems to be increasing in popularity. 10/10 :thumb:

schitzo

Suspended
very nice collection of fit pics there Mr C and all with minimal nagging from me. Well played.

Indeed this fit is epic and you've managed it sans the 6 hour drive to Scotland, you swine! But I digress. To the uninitiated 'congratulations' may seem excessive but for all of us who've been through a shedload that didn't fit right we know its apt. Congratulations sir I believe this is our holy grail, otherwise known on these pages as the 'keeper'.

PS, have I been drugged or did Sloane just say something genuinely funny back there?

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With the rare exception of the Belstaff 'Aviator' jacket from the movie of the same name, button-up leather has never really moved me, BUT Simon that Pioneer is one exceptional jacket. Just a great look and a great fit.

simonc

Practically Family
Thanks for your very kind comments. Yes, zips are always there, always an option, buttons are a tougher choice, one you have to address head-on, but it seems you like. In fact the buttons are really easy to fasten and undo. I have some lovely beige duck trousers and also officers pinks I'm looking forward to testing it with too. Roll on Autumn.

simonc

Practically Family
Hey boys, here's a little taster of the jacket after two hot showers, about two weeks apart, hanging on my chin-up bar over a couple of my wifes coats.

xFWWeVk.jpg

After each hot shower the jacket would go very soft, I'd twist up the jacket, body, sleeves like a towel to break up the smooth patina

zBco6wE.jpg

Then rub it and stretch certain areas and shape the collar

nvqPoUu.jpg

The jacket has a more puffy 3D life to it now

Fs3twpy.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
your jacket looks very well Simon. Tell me, when you were showering did it get wet inside?

I may need to try this on my roadster as that's the one that most needs breaking

simonc

Practically Family
Good question, nay, I stood on the outside of the bath, turned the jacket upside down and held it by the hem in one hand and the shower head in the other, upside down so water didn't fill the pockets or run down the neck, I buttoned it up all the way so i could just douse it totally, being upside down also enabled me to soak the pits, under the collar and generally get right in there with the shower head. I made the shower super hot and it literally melted the jacket, from stiff to soggy. Dropped shower head and twisted the shit out of it, wrung it out, then more soaking, more twisting, rinse and repeat. I broke the glossy patina totally, avoided getting any water on the inside and didn't. Wore it and did calanetics in it, total stretch work out. Then hung it up and moulded the shit out of areas I wanted to set in certain positions like collar and side buckle pleats. * But I should point out a tip, do not bend the arms at the elbows and stretch too tight there, this will create a pointy round mark in the jacket elbow, no, think more body stretch, shoulders, hips, sides etc rather than just elbows.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24