Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero repair time

obwohl

New in Town
Hi,

my local shop sent my Elvis back to Aero to repair my zip (on warranty). This was about 28.12. or so. What are your experiences, how long will they take to repair it?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The zip is broken on my Hercules, too. Disappointing. I figure I'll get it repaired locally
unless someone knows a good reason to send it overseas.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The zip is broken on my Hercules, too. Disappointing. I figure I'll get it repaired locally
unless someone knows a good reason to send it overseas.
The zipper broke on my Bootlegger when it was still quite new. I decided to have it replaced by my local tailor with a riri #8 zipper. This seemed like much less hassle then sending it back to Aero, and this way I got to choose the new zipper myself. The Waldes zippers that Aero uses on these jackets look great, but they are not strong enough to handle FQHH or heavy steerhide.

Peacoat

Bartender
The zipper broke on my Bootlegger when it was still quite new. I decided to have it replaced by my local tailor with a riri #8 zipper. This seemed like much less hassle then sending it back to Aero, and this way I got to choose the new zipper myself. The Waldes zippers that Aero uses on these jackets look great, but they are not strong enough to handle FQHH or heavy steerhide.
I agree. While I haven't had a zipper break yet, it is quite difficult to get my Thunder Bay zipped up without problems. It is such a small zipper for so much material--the FQHH and the heavy lining. Don't have as much difficulty with my Sheene or the Highwayman, but they aren't particularly easy. A larger zip would be just the ticket for all three of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda