Aero Speedway question

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by NZJono, Jan 25, 2020.

1. NZJono

NZJono New in Town

Hi there
    Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on the Speedway please?.
    It looks like a fairly slim fitting jacket, possibly a bit like a Sheene with a few differences, eg button sleeves and adjustable waist.
    I haven’t seen any on the Aero sale page so not sure what the standard measurements are. I’ll also message Aero but thought I’d try here first.
    Thanks, John.

2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

The original speedway is a VERY short jacket. Be sure to specify the length you want, note there is also a pretty significant drop from front to back so you might want to double check that with Aero.

It is fairly slim but doesn't have the super V-shape drop rom chest to waist the Sheene (cafe racer) pattern has, you probably won't need to add extra to the waist like most do for the Sheene.

The original version of this was the LVC x Aero blue black goat. I had a post here on the one I had for a while, you should be able to find it in a search.

NZJono and robrinay like this.
  3. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

I loved mine but it was shorter and closer fitting than my other Aero jackets, in keeping with the original Levi archive jacket’s design (nb it was made for me by Julie Leitch at Aero who had my measurements). I wore it with high rise Wrangler 13MWZ Jeans, but last year passed it on to my son in law who is a size smaller than me as a reward for (helping) to present us with a granddaughter.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    NZJono and handymike like this.
  4. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

^great pass on! Congrats.

robrinay likes this.
  5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

It’s a great looking jacket, but yeah- really short in back. Specify your length, and it will be a cool jacket.

NZJono and robrinay like this.
  6. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

Why thank you kind sir! - she’s beautiful!