Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aeromarine advice

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
I was thinking of ordering a Aeromarine with the below changes, hoping to get some advice and thoughts from you guys.

1. Add shoulder gussets
2. Angled zipper chart pocket ala Bootlegger
3. Highwayman collar instead of shawl collar
4. Inside chest pocket
5. Is it possible to add hand warmer pockets behind the current pockets kind of like a civilian A2?
6. Strap sleeve cuffs

Haven't decided on leather but I was considering CXL cordovan steer hide. I would love a thinner version of CXL but I'm pretty sure it's not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I doubt they're going to allow modifications this extensive. Gracenote, why don't you go with some other style, like... I don't know, Royale, and that way you could just ask for buttons instead of a zipper.

My prediction:
1. - No
2. - Maybe
3. - No
4. - Yes
5. - No
6. - No

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The fundamental point of the Aeromarine is the shawl collar, why would you want it removed? It doesn't need gussets, the back has plenty of room. Also, handwarmers or patch pockets, not both. They have made one with the handwarmers for Major Major, it's a good look. Basically, as HD said, if you go to Aero, it's because of the way existing jackets look, not to get them to patch one together in the hope it'll work.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
What about a button front Highwayman with side gussets and slanted chest pocket?

And to be fair, I don't think you're crazy (except the pockets- I personally hate those style lol). You're bound to get beaten up around here suggesting a new Aero design :D ;)

Last edited:

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Good point I totally forgot that those mods wouldn't be to keeping the original design.

Bretron I love your idea of the button front Highwayman. I think I'll start there.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Au contraire. Wonderful new customer-suggested design from last month:

1555582_1356977447652331_7494948143282569921_n.jpg

Truth seems to be, if you want to be a designer you have to find a builder willing to give you the wheel. They are out there but as the architect, you live and die by the design. And you pay for it all the same regardless of the result! And frankly...so do they.

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
After the button front radjacke I've really fallen in love with the button front. I have a few half belts so was hoping to try something different than the Maxwell. I could go with a standard Aeromarine but I've never worn a jacket with that style collar before so I'm a little apprehensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW