Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Affordable American Made Suit.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Southwick, which Brooks now owns, does suits for most of the brands that Guttersnipe just named. Other than Greenfield in NYC and Oxxford who are both quite pricey, they are probably your best bet.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Southwick, which Brooks now owns, does suits for most of the brands that Guttersnipe just named. Other than Greenfield in NYC and Oxxford who are both quite pricey, they are probably your best bet.

I know Southwick does a ton of private label work, but do they make anything for Hickey Freeman or Hart Shaffner Marx? That's news to me. Greenfield makes a lot of stuff for Brooks Brothers' Golden Fleece line and Southwick manufactures the other US-made items.

Another good option, which isn't strictly American, is Samuelsohn from Canada. Like Southwick, Samuelsohn manufactures a lot of private label garments for other, higher priced brands. For example, Paul Stuart and certain Ralph Lauren items are made by them.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Thanks Guttersnipe, I stand corrected. After a little research, Hickey Freeman does indeed own a factory in Rochester where they make their suits. Given that they are owned by the same parent company as Hart, Schaffner, & Marx I assume that's where HSM's suits are made as well.

Samuelsohn gets a lot of love among the mainstream M2M crowd. I presume they do J Press' "Made in Canada" stuff too.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Thanks Guttersnipe, I stand corrected. After a little research, Hickey Freeman does indeed own a factory in Rochester where they make their suits. Given that they are owned by the same parent company as Hart, Schaffner, & Marx I assume that's where HSM's suits are made as well.

Could be, but I'm not sure. Hart Shaffner Marx used to have a factory in Des Plaines, IL whereas, Hickey Freeman is in Rochester.

Samuelsohn gets a lot of love among the mainstream M2M crowd. I presume they do J Press' "Made in Canada" stuff too.

I'm pretty sure S. Cohen in Montreal makes J Press' Canadian made suits and sport coats, but I'm not sure who makes their American made stuff.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
I'm pretty sure S. Cohen in Montreal makes J Press' Canadian made suits and sport coats, but I'm not sure who makes their American made stuff.

Interesting. I've never heard of S. Cohen. I'd give them an earfull about their pattern choices if I could - weirdly built up shoulders don't belong on Ivy League coats, IMHO. I'm pretty sure Southwick does their US made stuff. I've spotted some Harris tweeds in J Press' most recent Fall collection that are identical to fabrics in BB's Own Make line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart