Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

dannyboy_883

New in Town
Thanks EggHead!
Mine came with the brim curl, which I was happy about, as I have heard that they often have a very straight brim.
This was my first time doing anything with a hat so I don't think I would have been up to the task of curling the brim just yet!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
One fern green CEO as requested.

WJBFedora.jpg

CEOside.jpg

James,
I see where the CEO has a brim about 1/4" larger than the Stylemaster, and looks to be pre-creased in a center dent/front pinched crown, but I was curious as to the crown hieght as creased. I like the color alot and would consider it being my first Akubra to order directly from Australia. Thanks for any help.

James71

A-List Customer
My CEO has had an awful lot of wear don't those pics were taken and now has a somewhat more "inspired by nature" bash. I'll measure it for you when I get home, but it will only be a rough guide.

NivlemRulz

New in Town
Hey everyone, this is my first post although I've been lurking for a while. Just got my Fed IV deluxe in the mail. It is my second hat (first is a stetson I got in November). I bashed it as an indy bash and I'm unsure about the high crown on me. Do you find its something you get used to? Or is it not for everyone? I will try to get pictures up soon!

dannyboy_883

New in Town
Welcome!, I am new also.
I recently bought a Fed and while I didn't put the indy bash into it, I did use a centre dent. I was worried even before I ordered it that the crown would be too high for me, though once I finished shaping I found that it suited well, nothing that I had to get used to. For unknown reasons I am not a fan of anything except centre dents for the top (for my head atleast!)
Show a picture and you should get good feedback and/or advice from the guys here.

Cheers,
Danny

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes EggHead, that is a brown Federaton Delux III in brown. Does look green in some light. Got to love energy saving fluorescent bulbs.
Johnny

Duper

Practically Family
Tablelands a top seller. New colour. Other news items - Top 10

Akubra website updated news as of May 27th, 2011. Here are some snippets from their site.

Tablelands to be available in sand.

http://akubra.com.au/news/?p=1110#top

TOP 10 SELLERS
May 27th, 2011 Our top selling hats at present are…
1. Cattleman
2. Rough Rider
3. Snowy River
4. Territory
5. Coober Pedy
6. Coolabah
7. The Arena
8. Bronco
9. Tablelands
10. Traveller

Other new hats coming? http://akubra.com.au/news/?p=1118#top

The company hopes to have a new range of hat samples ready soon for distribution to Akubra agents, in time for the peak selling period later this year.

“Manufacturing is at capacity which is a little unusual for this time of year” commented Managing Director Stephen Keir. “I kept promising our new production manager, Ron Palin, that he would have a chance to settle into his new role after Christmas but instead he hasn’t had a chance to come up for air.”

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I talked to a guy in the Embassy Suites, at about 10:30 PM local time in Tukwilla WA. He was wearing an Akubra Traveller. Nice hat.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk