Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

Guinness

New in Town
Mine Also

I got the email last night that my Bogart, that I ordered Feb. 11th, had shipped from EA. This is my first shipment and I'm looking forward to receiving it. Just wondering how long it will take to reach me in MS.

HD Glen Grey Campdrafts email

I know some have received the email about the Glen Grey Campdrafts being in stock & going out with the next post, but has anybody received anything stating they have been shipped?[huh]

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
I know some have received the email about the Glen Grey Campdrafts being in stock & going out with the next post, but has anybody received anything stating they have been shipped?[huh]

Yes sir. I got notice of "next post" on February 25th. Judging by the last delivery time in transit, I hope mine is here on March 5th!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
My Stylemasters shipped on Feb. 19 and have yet to arrive (unless they were delivered today -- I've haven't stopped by my local Mailboxes Etc. yet)

It's now four months and a day since I ordered them.

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:

I rec'd an e-mail saying "next post" like you did, but nothing since. I checked my e-mail from my last order and all I rec'd was a "next post" message then. That appears to be the official confirmation, so you should be able to begin the countdown. :)

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
Thanks Chuck. This is my first & only purchase from HD.

I think you'll be happy gtdean. Their service has been very good. They've been great at answering my questions via e-mail to help assure hat size, etc. I'm waiting on a Grey CD also.

Randal

Familiar Face
It's here!

I came home from work this afternoon and there it was! My Dark Brown Fed IV std was on the porch. I ordered it on Feb 21st and it's already here! I'll post pics when I get done playin with it ;) Can anyone tell me the best way to get the brim to cup up in the back like a snap brim?

Naltak

New in Town
I received a "next post" email from HD on 2/24/09 for a mid brown Campdraft I special ordered. Watching for the mail everyday now. Shouldn't be long!

Michael Bonner

New in Town
Green Squatter in long oval

Received a green squatter in long oval from EA today. What a GREAT hat for the price! Very light felt (labeled "Featherweight" and "Superfine Quality"), but dense and rugged, unlined, came open crown but took a bash in minutes. This light felt may well be suitable for wear year round, here in Texas even! This hat is in every respect superior to many, many production hats at three times the price!

I wish I had the capacity to take a picture for you folks, but there are several already up on the board.

Do note that there are available colors NOT on the menus on some of the web sites, like EA. I'd never have known of the availabiltiy of the green squatter, but had a short e-mail exchange with EA when the green campdraft was taken out of production, and learned (1) green squatter available; and (2) Akubra's are avaible in long oval sizes in many (but not all) styles through special order. From order to delivery notice was 3 months and a week, delivery from Oz to Texas was just shy of three weeks from notice of shipment (not unexpected time frame, due to the vacation schedule at Akubra).

In short, the Squatter from Oz is a super hat, and the price just can't be beat. I'm waiting on two Campdrafts now!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Michael Bonner said:
Received a green squatter in long oval from EA today. What a GREAT hat for the price! Very light felt (labeled "Featherweight" and "Superfine Quality"), but dense and rugged, unlined, came open crown but took a bash in minutes. .../QUOTE]

Alright just stop right here! We have to sort out this Squatter business. This hat appears to have many incarnations.

I have one in a beautiful black that arrived with a plain telescope crease that was supposed to be Imperial* felt but arrived "Superfine Quality".

Stay tuned for a new thread.

*Edited Hertage to Imperial

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Good Light!

Naltak said:
I received a "next post" email from HD on 2/24/09 for a mid brown Campdraft I special ordered. Watching for the mail everyday now. Shouldn't be long!

Naltak, your triangle front pinch creases on your avatar are outstanding!

pauljmuk

New in Town
wow, my very first akubra arrived yesterday from Everything Australian. wonderful service, only 4 days shipping to UK...

it's a cattleman in fawn and it looks and feels superb! wife so impressed having first been sceptical, she now wants one!

Without wishing to look like twins, she wants similar style but smaller. i'm thinking jackaroo?

doesn't want a lined hat though?

pauljmuk

New in Town
gtdean48 said:
Remove the lining. I do it on hats that I wear year round, lets my head breathe better in the warmer months. When I put it back in for cooler months, I just tuck it behind the sweatband.

that's great thanks. heard the jackaroo is factory order only? are HD likely to have in stock? also, anyone got decent pic of this lid in santone?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
My Stylemasters shipped on Feb. 19 and have yet to arrive (unless they were delivered today -- I've haven't stopped by my local Mailboxes Etc. yet)

My Stylemaster also shipped from EA that day, and it hasn't shown up as of Monday's mail. I think we have to admit that East Coast deliveries from EA take longer than 10 days!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Jackaroo is a very nice looking hat, but I find myself wondering why it costs more than the Cattleman, Stockman, etc. (At Hats Direct, that is - Everything Australian has it for the same price as the more popular country hats... but with the dreaded three-month wait.)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
So you did receive another email after the "next post" message or not?[huh]

No sir, only the one. It said the hat was in and would be shipped on the next post, which I take for the next regular mail day. That is as close to a confirmation e-mail as I have ever gotten from HD. They supposedly don't bill until it ships; I checked my card and it must be outta there because the card was tabbed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy