Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Belt-back Jacket...

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
...but this time, a little different.
(Paddy/Moderators- feel free to move this to a more appropriate area if necessary)
I just dug this up out of one of my suitcases-

It's a little later than the usual belt-back/action-pleat offering...

BB_Front.jpg

BB_Back.jpg

BB_Back_Detail.jpg

BB_Action.jpg

The fabric is one that I can't remember the name of... it's like a shower-proof fabric- the reverse of which resembles quite a heavy, shiny satin.

It has slightly padded shoulders which give that '40s look.
It's a McGregor.

I like it.

B
T

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Interesting

I have a very similar jacket.

Shiny on the reverse, almost like rayon. Sort of a smooth canvas on the outside. It's a short jacket with belt and pleats, slash pockets and SHORT SLEEVES...a customization by previous owner. Pretty neat though and made by sport togs.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I can't get enough of belted-back jackets...there is nothing finer than the appeal of dancing in a belted-back...like in Swing Fever. What a beautiful thing.

Jay

Practically Family
Powerhouse said:
I have a very similar jacket.

Shiny on the reverse, almost like rayon. Sort of a smooth canvas on the outside. It's a short jacket with belt and pleats, slash pockets and SHORT SLEEVES...a customization by previous owner. Pretty neat though and made by sport togs.
Couldn't you have contrasting-color sleeves attached or something? What good is a rain coat that doesn't have sleeves? It's like a hat without a brim. Then again, considering most ballcaps are worn backwards or sideways, this might not be as bothersome as I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner