Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Pics of Men wearing Vanson Mercury jackets out there?

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Post those pics for all to see right here! If you do, your pics will get heavy traffic on Google and you will be famous! Plus, you will be helping out Vanson to sell more jackets due to its underwhelming marketing skills (posting a few simple pictures of actual models wearing actual coats--not exactly rocket science). Plus, guys like me who are in the market for a jacket will have something to drool over!

Why? Because there ain't no other pics of Mercury jackets on actual human beings. I have looked, but I cannot find so much as one decent pic. I am no Luddite, so I very much doubt there are any pics to be found.

As I see it, the drawbacks of this jacket are as follows:
1. Thin little "shirt" collar
2. Potential for boxiness according to a few owners
3. Low end model from Vanson could mean lower quality than other Vanson models
4. In brown, the color is anyone's guess. I would be buying "blind."

Things that I like about this model:
1. Could be a fitted jacket, and not boxy (judging from the pics). Other owners that complained about boxiness seemed illogical, buying a few sizes too big. The boxiness could have been their fault. They both sounded fairly fat and were used to compensating for their big guts to the detriment of fit at the bottom of the jacket and in the shoulders.
2. Believe it or not, I like having a slim jacket waist that fits me without needing straps and buckles. I think cinched up buckles can make an expensive jacket look sloppy with weird folds along the sides that are not flattering. Cinched up buckles can also create slack in the lower back, creating an uncomplimentary "bunchy" look in even the nicest of jackets. For this reason, if I decide to go with the Aero, I will certainly go to a tailer and have myself professionally measured and the jacket created especially for me.
3. This jacket is made for riding. I ride a motorcycle, though not very aggressively. I would not want to sacrifice fit for riding ability though. I don't ride all that much. Just for fun, not commuting or anything.

I have no way of accurately comparing the Mercury to the Enfield, however, because no frickin' pics of the Mercury can be found online, other than silly disembodied truncated manikin models, like those below! Argh! Put a real human being in your jackets, Vanson, would ya????? C'mon!

The pictures on Vanson's website are fairly dismal. Here they are:
Mercury3.jpg

mercury2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran