Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone remember this old hat?

anon`

One Too Many
IMG_2251.jpg

(Original thread.)

Anyway, Garrett bought this one for a song on evilBay, just to get at the ribbon, which he surely has plans for. The body was way too big for him to wear, so he sold the thing to me for a (slightly more expensive) song.

Of course, this left me with a dilemma: I had a relatively ancient hat with no ribbon. But as fate would have it, I had the opportunity to pay a visit to our very own Art Fawcett last week, and I had him take a look at the hat. In addition to speculating that the hat was probably no younger than 1922 and previously molested by some other hatter, he tossed a few rolls of period-correct ribbon my way. I picked one ribbon and left the hat with Art, along with instructions to tie the knot in "some manner appropriate to the period."

Well, I came home today to find a box. And this is what was in the box:
DSCN3766.JPG

A few others: mostly the same as above; left rear quarter; profile; frontal, character already included.
Now then... I just need some solid Edwardian clothing to go with it!

And of course, it would not do to leave this post without a huge thanks to both Garrett and Art! =)

anon`

One Too Many
It is narrower. The ribbon that came off the hat is among the fattest I've ever seen, and Art didn't have any ribbon as-wide that would've worked with the body, aesthetically speaking.

It's an awful lot more obvious in photos than in person, however, and doesn't bother me a whit =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner