Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
It Has Arrived!!!

My first custom hat has arrived! I couldn't be more pleased with how this hat turned out. I really asked a lot of Art since I'm new to wearing hats and man did he deliver! I told Art that I wanted a Natural colored hat with a brownish/rust colored ribbon and to include a splash of forest green if possible. Then, I sent him several photos of me wearing the different hats I currently own so he could determine the dimensions that best suit me. I knew that I wanted some kind of edge treatment, but I left it up to Art to choose which one. That's it! Based on that little bit of information here is what he came up with:

DSC02923.jpg

DSC02924.jpg

DSC02927.jpg

DSC02928.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

Art you really knocked it out of the park! I can't believe how talented you must be to come up with literally the "perfect hat" for me and exactly what I wanted!

This is definitely the first of many more Art Fawcett hats for me!

Sincere thanks Art!
Jay

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Threads

Curious, the "X" threads in the middle of the ribbon bow - these look like basting stitches - are they to be cut away upon receipt of the goods?

m

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Bluesman61 said:
My first custom hat has arrived! I couldn't be more pleased with how this hat turned out. I really asked a lot of Art since I'm new to wearing hats and man did he deliver! I told Art that I wanted a Natural colored hat with a brownish/rust colored ribbon and to include a splash of forest green if possible. Art you really knocked it out of the park! I can't believe how talented you must be to come up with literally the "perfect hat" for me and exactly what I wanted!

This is definitely the first of many more Art Fawcett hats for me!

Sincere thanks Art!
Jay

Great hat! Art gave me a similar double stitched underwelt on my blue smoke Jazzman, and its a great look. Nice ribbon combo.

Did Art bash it for you?

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
kaosharper1 said:
Great hat! Art gave me a similar double stitched underwelt on my blue smoke Jazzman, and its a great look. Nice ribbon combo.

Did Art bash it for you?

Thanks, yes this hat is all Art. I'll probably have the courage to crease my own on the next one. :D

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bluesman, georgous. Is that lightweight? Great double stitching on the edge. It looks great on you too. Glad you got it!!!!

Bart, beautiful as ever. What is it, a form of tan or silverbelly? Either way, it is handsome!!!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Bart, beautiful as ever. What is it, a form of tan or silverbelly? Either way, it is handsome!!!

The first picture kinda captures some of the variation in the felt. It has a touch of light peach, flesh tone kinda thing going on but there is quite a bit of variation in the coloring depending on how much light there is. Dguy did a good job catching some of that in the pictures of his Sunset. It's really hard to describe but I really dig the color in person.

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
Jabos said:
Bluesman, georgous. Is that lightweight? Great double stitching on the edge. It looks great on you too. Glad you got it!!!!

Thanks, Jabos! As far as I know it is lightweight. It sure feels that way and that is what I requested if available. This is the softest felt hat I own and already my favorite!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Bluesman61 said:
Bart, Congrats on a beauty!!! And to answer your question, I already have the next 3-4 picked out! lol

Forest Green, Whiskey, Granite, Sunset......hmmmmm? Yes please!

lol lol I know the feeling. I'm on #6 and I can't stop.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Came home to find this bad boy. I think Rusty bribed Art to get me in a thin ribbon or maybe Art od'd on grits; either way thanks Art.
Wow, one of the nicest hats I've seen in a while, Bart.
And I keep going back to that fine stitching on Bluesman61's brim.

Whew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo