Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Link

One of the Regulars
Looks good Rodkins. DJH, I really like that Sportaire.

Is it a bad thing that I haven't even received my first VS and I'm already planning about three more?

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars

Is it a bad thing that I haven't even received my first VS and I'm already planning about three more?

:D:D Before too long we're going to have to start a twelve step program to wean ourselves off of Arts custom hats. "Hello, my name is Cliff and I'm an Art-A-Holic." ;):D:D

Cliff

DJH

I'll Lock Up

Thanks Link, the Sportaire has always been one of my favorites of Art's styles and I'm really happy to have one now.

I was the same when it came to ordering more hats. I ordered the Sportaire a couple of weeks after ordering my original Black Cherry hat and have another order with Art that is a Father's Day present from my wife.

I had been thinking that I was now finished, but I'm starting to think that a Sportaire style in that Dark Moss colour would be rather nice to have....

Before long I'll have to be joining Cliff at the Art-A-Holic meetings!

Oh, Rodkins - that Silver Mist does look good on you, both the colour and the style.

Hamletsghost

New in Town
"Hello, my name is Cliff and I'm an Art-A-Holic."
:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

OH to join the Art-A-Holics (sigh - someday)

Rodkins - Exceptional - Absolutely magnificent hat, and works perfect for you.
Congratulations.
And another WELL DONE Mr Fawcett.

frussell

One Too Many
Got my shipping notice through USPS this morning, saying my new VS was in the mail. Been excited all day, until I got home and re-checked it just for giggles and noticed it was headed to an address I haven't been living at since May. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but the area where I lived then is rough as hell, and the postal service has a tendency to drop things on the doorstep and run. Unless I can convince the post office there to hold it, which is a big IF in that area, somebody in the hood is going to receive a beautiful free hat early next week. Shame on me for not updating my address with Art. Sorry for the negativity, but I'm a bit freaked out. Frank

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Got my shipping notice through USPS this morning, saying my new VS was in the mail. Been excited all day, until I got home and re-checked it just for giggles and noticed it was headed to an address I haven't been living at since May. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but the area where I lived then is rough as hell, and the postal service has a tendency to drop things on the doorstep and run. Unless I can convince the post office there to hold it, which is a big IF in that area, somebody in the hood is going to receive a beautiful free hat early next week. Shame on me for not updating my address with Art. Sorry for the negativity, but I'm a bit freaked out. Frank

Frank, I've always had to sign for mine and if I wasn't home it went back to the post office to be picked up. Unless the PO violate their own rules you'll be okay. Congrats on the hat, can't wait to see it

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Frank, I've always had to sign for mine and if I wasn't home it went back to the post office to be picked up. Unless the violate their own rules you'll be okay. Congrats on the hat, can't wait to see it

Same here - you should be good Frank. Art ships insured as well, I believe.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
The VS Silver Mist has made the trip from Japan-
This is a neat ultra light hat...

IMG_0669.jpg

Looks great on you....

Art's hats just say "Class"

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
:D:D Before too long we're going to have to start a twelve step program to wean ourselves off of Arts custom hats. "Hello, my name is Cliff and I'm an Art-A-Holic." ;):D:D

Cliff

I really didn't want to admit that, but you are making me take a hard look at myself in the mirror, one hat at a time....

I..............think............................I......... am.............too

<<Stands up in front of everyone>>

"Hello, my name is Harry and I'm an Art-A-Holic." :D

DRB

One Too Many
Mike: lookin good hollywood!

DJH: the Sportaire looks exquisite. I don't have to ask you if you like it, I already know.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Testimonial to the quality Art's hats ...

I've had one of Art's hats for a little over four years now. For about two years, it was my every day "business" hat (I wore it every day to work). I was the Safety Director for a large State psych hospital, and was out and about on the hospital campus on a daily basis (about 200 acres and almost 100 buildings). During that time I was involved in doing fire investigations and other emergency operation activities. I've had burning embers fall on the hat, been out in the rain on search and rescue missions, and in general been in some rough places. The hat has come through with little evidence of its hard life.

Since I've retired, the had has become my "dress hat" (it's used on Sunday and other special occasions). Just last week we were in Charleston, SC and went out to eat at High Cotton restaurant (hat, dark suit, etc.). On the way back from dinner, we were walking along Market Street. The wind was blowing rather stiff, and wouldn't you know it the hat suddenly went flying off my head and into the street. That alone would be cause for alarm, but (of course) it had to land right where the horse and carriage tours lined up. When I retrieved the hat, there was a big wet spot and a distinct odor of horse p*** on the brim. :eeek: But, being the high quality hat it is, a good dousing of water and some rubbing solved the problem.

This hat has a hundred stories to tell, all interesting and all a testimony to the high quality of workmanship and materials of Art's hats. I would highly recommend anyone who wants a good hat that will last for years to consider having Art make them a hat.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW...Thank you Big Man!!!!
I've always had to sign for mine and if I wasn't home it went back to the post office to be picked up. Unless the PO violate their own rules you'll be okay

Bart, I never ask for a "signature required" so I don't understand unless, since I send everything insured, the PO requires it. I dunno...but in this case..I like it!! No worries Frank, it will work out. ( I think)

univibe88

One Too Many
I've had one of Art's hats for a little over four years now. For about two years, it was my every day "business" hat (I wore it every day to work). I was the Safety Director for a large State psych hospital, and was out and about on the hospital campus on a daily basis (about 200 acres and almost 100 buildings). During that time I was involved in doing fire investigations and other emergency operation activities. I've had burning embers fall on the hat, been out in the rain on search and rescue missions, and in general been in some rough places. The hat has come through with little evidence of its hard life.

Since I've retired, the had has become my "dress hat" (it's used on Sunday and other special occasions). Just last week we were in Charleston, SC and went out to eat at High Cotton restaurant (hat, dark suit, etc.). On the way back from dinner, we were walking along Market Street. The wind was blowing rather stiff, and wouldn't you know it the hat suddenly went flying off my head and into the street. That alone would be cause for alarm, but (of course) it had to land right where the horse and carriage tours lined up. When I retrieved the hat, there was a big wet spot and a distinct odor of horse p*** on the brim. :eeek: But, being the high quality hat it is, a good dousing of water and some rubbing solved the problem.

This hat has a hundred stories to tell, all interesting and all a testimony to the high quality of workmanship and materials of Art's hats. I would highly recommend anyone who wants a good hat that will last for years to consider having Art make them a hat.

I remember when you got that hat. Very cool that you have put it to such good use. How about some pictures of it "broken in"?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I really didn't want to admit that, but you are making me take a hard look at myself in the mirror, one hat at a time....

I..............think............................I......... am.............too

<<Stands up in front of everyone>>

"Hello, my name is Harry and I'm an Art-A-Holic." :D
Hey, I resemble that! <<hanging my head>>

Big Man

I remember when you got that hat. Very cool that you have put it to such good use. How about some pictures of it "broken in"?

I'll take a couple tomorrow and post them. However, if you are looking for a ragged, beat-up hat, you'll be disappointed. After several years of good, honest use, the hat looks just about as good as the day it came out of the box from Art.

Benny Holiday

What a story! In an age when so many products are disposable and quality is sadly lacking in their construction, Art's hats are a different animal altogether. My VS hat not only looks the classic style of an era when men wore fedoras en masse, it also recalls a time when care and quality were built into products. Great history there Big Man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner