Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Memo

Familiar Face
fluteplayer07 said:
Ooh! Very nice! And cootie free, to boot! ;) lol What are the dimensions, color, etc.?

flute
Thanks Flute.
It's The Savoy
Felt: Pure beaver Midnite
Crown height (open): 5 3/4”
Ribbon: Slate, 19 ligne
Brim width: 2 1/2

Musashi

One of the Regulars
So hypothetically, If one wanted a VS Custom for their Birthday in June, should one have already ordered it?

Of equal importance, If one wanted a VS Custom for next Christmas, when should one contact Mr. Fawcett?

Thanks. :)

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Musashi said:
So hypothetically, If one wanted a VS Custom for their Birthday in June, should one have already ordered it?

Of equal importance, If one wanted a VS Custom for next Christmas, when should one contact Mr. Fawcett?

Don't know how it's running with Art right now, but I usually plan about 5-6 weeks.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
portolan[IMG said:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2001-1/1419/Fawcett.jpg[/IMG]

snow2.jpg

Now Portolan you'd better put out a patent on that design! It's ready for the city or rural environs. Personally, with that last picturesque scene as inspiration, I'll take Mexico!

Looks great with what you're wearing in those pics too.

portolan

A-List Customer
Thanks for all the good comments guys...

I am in the line again for another of the exact same hat, only this time in a dark gray, or gray with blue flecks color. My wife thinks I should get black because it would look nice with my "silver" - notice she didn't say gray, that is why I love her - hair. Not sure about black so I asked for gray or gray with a little blue in it.....Can't wait to wear this one to Monteagle. Phil

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Musashi said:

I think Christmas can be 8 - 10 weeks if Art is busy. When I ordered by first hat around Xmas 2008, I'm pretty sure it took 10 weeks.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Musashi said:

If one were to wish to have a Fawcett for Christmas then one would want to order one now that way one could work in two.;)
Tom D

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for quite some times now.

I have a Penman LC hat and an Akubra Hampton.

I've been amaze by all of your VS, so I decided to join the club and order two. One in felt and one in straw.

I told Art that I let him do his magic and decide everything and just ask me for confirmation.

and this is his last mail, I'm really excited, now!!!

"Boy, what perfect timing!!!! Your hat is on the sanding bench right now and I am at the stage of cutting the brim. I'm still in favor of the 2 1/2" brim and if you wish I can make it a welted edge. I'm still thinking chocolate ribbon but, let m esurprise you with the treatment, OK?

Art"

He also told me he have something in mind for the straw one!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80