Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's art - custom Jazzman has arrived!

vonwotan

Practically Family
I just opened the box and gently placed Art's perfectly fitted art on my head without touching a thing. Words escape me at the moment so I will let these photographs tell the story.

416690326_3660b0cffd_m.jpg

416690333_6fe2b354d0_m.jpg

416690342_bbf96a31bf_m.jpg

416690346_aa41198bbc_m.jpg

416690350_9d96c3ea5d_m.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Beautiful. You look like your in a daze, but that's understandable. I just put down a deposit on a Hoosier from Art, what was your wait time?

vonwotan

Practically Family
My first self portraits and an attempt not to stare at the screen on the camera. It was less than four weeks from deposit to shipping for his amazing work. I don't want to take it off my head.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great looking hat. Its ok to sleep with it on. We've all been there.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
vonwotan said:
My first self portraits and an attempt not to stare at the screen on the camera. It was less than four weeks from deposit to shipping for his amazing work. I don't want to take it off my head.

That's pretty quick for such a work of art (no pun intended).
When I do the self portraits I try to look a little over and to the right or left of the camera. Great looking hat. Bob.

Razzman

One Too Many
That's a beauty to be sure. I like the ribbon and color combination. Very nice indeed. Congratulations! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

vonwotan

Practically Family
Thank you all for the compliments, I hope my note to Art expressed how happy I am with this hat. The sytle, quality and colours are better than any others I have found to date. The pictures are ok but the felt is really gorgeous and richer than it appears in the photos.

I was originally considering one of the limited edition Jazzman hats, but I've never had a hat with a crown that high. I spoke with Art and he made me one with a slightly lower crown, instead of 6". As you can see I'm not a big guy so I was more comfortable with the smaller scale. It makes the ribbon seem a touch larger. Both the felt and the ribbon are so rich in colour that I wholeheartedly agree with his decision not to introduce a third/contrasting colour in the bow of the ribbon.

As tired as I am of the winter, I have to say I'd like the weather to stay cool enough for me to get some use out of my new favourite. Now it's time to start planning for a Derby/Tripple Crown and summer hat!

Stoney

Practically Family
It looks fantastic on you. As far as the look in the photos go, I like that as well. You look like a 1940's gangster that's just been told that the competiton is moving in on his turf. lol

Seriously, if it was me I would pick the best one, photoshop it with a sepia tone treatment and proudly display the result in an antique frame.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Wow, very nice, both the hat and the thousand yard stare! I'd be cautious about messing with a fellow wearing either.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Wingnut, thanks.

:eek:fftopic: Once upon a time, before glasses, when I still had some free time and lived near a good range I was "on paper" at 1000 yards with my .300 Phoenix and .300 Win Mag. But sadly, the reloaders and the rifles have been sold...

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think I may have to start saving up for my next winter hat. Art is producing some damn fine work. Congratulations Vonwotan.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR