Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
What do you guys use as leather jacket hangers? I've been using the Aero wooden hangers but I noticed it's been leaving a dimple to the corner of the shoulder seams. Pls advise, thanks

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've been using the Aero wooden hangers but I noticed it's been leaving a dimple to the corner of the shoulder seams. Pls advise, thanks
I also use the aero hangers for some of my jackets. They don't work for all of my jackets though. They're perfect for my FL but not so much for my Thedi where they leave dimples like you said. Therefore I simply use a big coat hanger for my Thedi as for a few others. I would really like to find a type of hanger that works for all of my jackets.

TFL pool noodle hanger mod.
6E27B086-F2C3-4DAE-BC08-9891409F889D.jpeg

The trick is to extend the noodle down the sleeve part way to avoid the shoulder dimple.

You don’t need the extra duct tape- this one was once a light saber.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I also use the aero hangers for some of my jackets. They don't work for all of my jackets though. They're perfect for my FL but not so much for my Thedi where they leave dimples like you said. Therefore I simply use a big coat hanger for my Thedi as for a few others. I would really like to find a type of hanger that works for all of my jackets.

Thanks man. I do notice that it only works for some jackets. It doesn't work for my JL jackets but seems okay for the others

TFL pool noodle hanger mod.
View attachment 302702
The trick is to extend the noodle down the sleeve part way to avoid the shoulder dimple.

You don’t need the extra duct tape- this one was once a light saber.

Got it, that's very cool and affordable DIY! I'll go buy some foam tomorrow!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I ordered it in Black Liberty (HH). I personally haven’t experienced much wear through in the 2 year and half I’ve had the jacket. Maybe the Liberty Seal has a weaker top coat or maybe different batches have different features. Cuffs for me are pretty standard width wise I wouldn’t want them any tighter.

I have experienced the Liberty wear through on a couple of BK brown jackets. One I still own. I sold a Black Liberty and was always curious is they went through the same process. I don't know much about the company, I see very few of their jackets on the used market.

The Victory horsehide is legendary for its' cost and hence it's rarity. I have seen only a few of the Victory jackets for sale ever.

Two hugely different leathers.

DSC03660.jpg
DSC03661.jpg
DSC03662.jpg
DSC03663.jpg
DSC03664.jpg

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What do you guys use as leather jacket hangers? I've been using the Aero wooden hangers but I noticed it's been leaving a dimple to the corner of the shoulder seams. Pls advise, thanks

These classic ones with or without a trousers bar work

wooden-hangers-with-broad-shoulders-and-trouser-bar-p3223-20903_zoom.jpg

I just buy them in pack of 20 or more, you can never have enough hangers :)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

The problem I'm having with those is that they create a crease right here:
9A471F75-B9BC-4167-ACE9-827FE5EA4C75.jpeg

When I use one of those aero hangers I get dimples:
41B09B0A-20BB-424A-B12F-9C6EF5245E84.jpeg

Also, the hook of those Aero hangers is too short to accomodate mouton collars.

On the FL, the Aero hanger works just fine. Please don't tell Greg :p

2132E256-A165-4328-B28B-DCC5E6F2F91E.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I have been using these for years without any troubles:

https://www.thehangerstore.co.uk/product/black-wooden-mens-jacket-hanger-45cm/

Here are pics comparing them to the Aero hanger (i had ordered 20 Aero hangers and sent them back as i didn't like how they held the shoulders)

Regular hangers:

Hix06Ik.jpg

Oho4rQK.jpg

TNmdaoh.jpg

6chREzQ.jpg

Aero Hangers:

bmWK1W3.jpg

DbYRC8R.jpg

WDpTQRA.jpg

Hb92mFJ.jpg

IMO the Aero hangers are a joke, i haven't returned anything that fast since i returned these...

None of these have pool noodles or expensive hangers and they are all doing fine:

pYB8Fw4.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
WDpTQRA.jpg

Hb92mFJ.jpg

IMO the Aero hangers are a joke, i haven't returned anything that fast since i returned these...

This really drives the point home.

According to Aero's website...

"The worst way to store a leather jacket is on a typical suit hanger with the steeply sloped shoulder used pretty much as standard by the hanger industry (see 'wrong' pic). Any length of use of these virtually guarantee deep creases forming down the front of a leather jacket starting from the join of the neck and the shoulder seam (as shown in jacket crease pic).

This is caused as the weight of the leather hanging at an unnatural angle starts to fold inwards, this gets worse if the jacket is zipped up or buttoned up and summer storage will often leave creases which will never come out.

Aero have always used natural shoulder shaped wooden hangers for all our leather jacket stock. Over the years, these have run low and we've just restocked. This time, we've ordered enough solid Birch Wood hangers to make them available to our customers. Whatever else you do to look after your leather jacket, we strongly advise that the correct hanger shape is essential, whether it is one of our new wooden hangers or not!"

I don't think the Aero hanger is better or worse than the suit hanger they describe. It just moves the creasing from one unwanted area to another.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
This really drives the point home.

According to Aero's website...

"The worst way to store a leather jacket is on a typical suit hanger with the steeply sloped shoulder used pretty much as standard by the hanger industry (see 'wrong' pic). Any length of use of these virtually guarantee deep creases forming down the front of a leather jacket starting from the join of the neck and the shoulder seam (as shown in jacket crease pic).

This is caused as the weight of the leather hanging at an unnatural angle starts to fold inwards, this gets worse if the jacket is zipped up or buttoned up and summer storage will often leave creases which will never come out.

Aero have always used natural shoulder shaped wooden hangers for all our leather jacket stock. Over the years, these have run low and we've just restocked. This time, we've ordered enough solid Birch Wood hangers to make them available to our customers. Whatever else you do to look after your leather jacket, we strongly advise that the correct hanger shape is essential, whether it is one of our new wooden hangers or not!"

I don't think the Aero hanger is better or worse than the suit hanger they describe. It just moves the creasing from one unwanted area to another.

The thing is these shoulder creases they talk about happen on an Aero when you wear it...
Maybe you won't get them if you buy a jacket and keep it on one of their magical hangers and never wear it.
But the second you start wearing it these creases will appear, that's just how Aero jackets fall on a human.
IMO that story of theirs is just a way to sell £10 hangers...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The thing is these shoulder creases they talk about happen on an Aero when you wear it...
Maybe you won't get them if you buy a jacket and keep it on one of their magical hangers and never wear it.
But the second you start wearing it these creases will appear, that's just how Aero jackets fall on a human.
IMO that story of theirs is just a way to sell £10 hangers...
If you put it that way, Aero is selling people a solution to the problem they created themselves :p

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

Thank you. That's true with how much leather jackets you want to have 20 doesn't seem enough for sure lol

The problem I'm having with those is that they create a crease right here:
View attachment 302732

When I use one of those aero hangers I get dimples:
View attachment 302733
Also, the hook of those Aero hangers is too short to accomodate mouton collars.

On the FL, the Aero hanger works just fine. Please don't tell Greg :p

View attachment 302734

Same thing man, I tried those and had the crease on the chest corner. I did notice the FL seem to agree to that hanger so that works haha

I have been using these for years without any troubles:

https://www.thehangerstore.co.uk/product/black-wooden-mens-jacket-hanger-45cm/

Here are pics comparing them to the Aero hanger (i had ordered 20 Aero hangers and sent them back as i didn't like how they held the shoulders)

Regular hangers:

Hix06Ik.jpg

Oho4rQK.jpg

TNmdaoh.jpg

6chREzQ.jpg

Aero Hangers:

bmWK1W3.jpg

DbYRC8R.jpg

WDpTQRA.jpg

Hb92mFJ.jpg

None of these have pool noodles or expensive hangers and they are all doing fine:

pYB8Fw4.jpg

ThAnks, they sure look great and holding the shape. I looked the hangers up and are currently out of stock so I will do the pool noodles for now. I have 10 aero hangers and it's too late to send them back so I'll use them for my other jackets for now. No wonder the Aero Japan hangers look different

Thank you sir! Will read up on iy

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
but if you throw your normal suit hanger then it will just get thrown probably hit your neighbor's dog or their window , while aero hanger will make a wide parabolic turn and fly back at you.:p

btw if using suit hanger you get a diagonal creasing, then try using the hanger backward to me it produce neater front and easier to take the jacket off the hanger, in expense of less storing capacity on the rack since every jacket take more space from each other which probably better for your leather to let the air pass through and limit molding

Bahabp100

Practically Family
If you've got a quick jacket question and don't see a thread for it, just post it here. Whether the question is about fit, design, patterns, choice of leather, makers, hardware etc,. this is the place.
Question about belt loops on
Lancer front jackets (aka cross-zip or double rider) style jackets that come without a belt. Some have snaps to open the loops and some are sewn in without snaps, why are there snaps? I’m thinking that it has to with police jacket equipment? But I’m not sure Thank You in advance for answering

Last edited:

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I have $200 in Amazon credit. Are there any good clothing or accessories (to go with outerwear) deals on there that I might be missing? I feel like I’ve bought some decent henleys and pocket t’s lately, but that’s it.
You can buy certain models from five star 5* on Amazon for $200

The toes on my Converse are turning yellow! Does anyone know how to bring them back to white?
58536F5F-7A8E-4C7E-BAB1-6E97BA5BE4F2.jpeg

I’ve tried Magic Eraser, Bar Keepers Friend, Clorox Wipes, and Lysol bleach spray...so far, no luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ