Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lone Starr

New in Town
Yes, don't know why a premium brand would choose this design departure. Seems odd to me. Seems like somebody made a mistake and put it in upside down. My 44 Californian is a bit snug on me anyway. I'm hoping it will give a little if I wear it enough. I love the leather, but may eventually throw it back, in hopes of an available GW BK or a nice replacement for the AERO 1930s Cossack in dark brown FQHH that I sold a few years ago and am still kicking myself for and thinking about. I'll keep my eyes out for a replacement. Please let me know if one of you guys bought it!

Flying Monkey

New in Town
As far as jacket hangers go...try typing in "Icon hangers" on ebay. You can get 6 of them for about $17 & free shipping in US. These are the ones I use, especially for very heavy jackets. Have not noticed any weird marks or wrinkles in about 3 years now.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
I have seen a few Victory HH jackets. None of them wear like your jacket. I have owned and worn my extensively and it does not look like your jacket.

Do you know the age of the jacket? I don't think they have used Victory in the last few years, just too expensive.

I think your jackets look Great, I don't think it is Victory. The wear on your jacket is a prime example of what they wanted Liberty HH to do, wear in quickly. Victory does not wear like that.

Who told you this is Victory HH? If you want more information write Bill Kelso or post it on their Facebook page if is still there.
Pretty sure you're right about it being Liberty. Love the jacket, so I'm not really bothered about it. Just trying to satisfy my curiosity. I could probably send the serial number in the inner pocket to Bill Kelso, and settle the question for good.

The ebay seller I bought it from advertised it as Victory horsehide. Couldn't tell you exactly how old it is. I can track the provenance to two separate sellers of the jacket on ebay. Seller one most likely sold this jacket to seller two in 2019. I then bought the jacket from seller two in late 2020. I know about seller one, because the jacket and ebay pictures were highlighted on the Bill Kelso facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/billkelsomfg/posts/3054732171223720

Based on those pictures, I'm betting seller one was the original owner. Besides the improbability of finding two of these jackets in the wild in the exact same size and color makeup; I can tell this was the same jacket, because there are matching scuff marks on the back that are visible both in the facebook pictures, and the pictures seller two provided.
seller 1.jpg
seller 2.jpg

Attachments

• seller 1.jpg
    seller 1.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 466
  • seller 2.jpg
    seller 2.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 495

Kubatu

A-List Customer
This is a recent pickup that might end up on the bay / classifieds soon. Bit too large for me. Anyone have ideas on who the maker could be? Many of the features look like Cal (chest stitching, add-on collar placement, shearling cuffs), but the belt loops aren't flipped, which I've always thought was supposed to be a distinctive Cal signature. Zippers are all YKK. Seller purchased it while on motor duty from a surplus store many years ago.
p2L0ZK3.jpg

0M9CTGw.jpg

Leather Walker

Practically Family
This is a recent pickup that might end up on the bay / classifieds soon. Bit too large for me. Anyone have ideas on who the maker could be? Many of the features look like Cal (chest stitching, add-on collar placement, shearling cuffs), but the belt loops aren't flipped, which I've always thought was supposed to be a distinctive Cal signature. Zippers are all YKK. Seller purchased it while on motor duty from a surplus store many years ago.
p2L0ZK3.jpg

0M9CTGw.jpg
I think this is what is known as Al's Leather. In fact, I don't know if Al's jackets are relabelled modern Cals (post-2000s?). Maybe someone should shed some light on the subject, because except for some details like flipped belt loops, type of hide or some stitching pattern, I see them nearly the same.

Last edited:

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
For those who have ordered jackets from Thedi, is there any benefit to going the fitting jacket route via Thurston, or does Theodorus do a great enough job with the measurements that the customer provides?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
For those who have ordered jackets from Thedi, is there any benefit to going the fitting jacket route via Thurston, or does Theodorus do a great enough job with the measurements that the customer provides?
Thedi jackets are pretty slim with high armholes. I'm used to wearing my jackets snug but if you're used to a more relaxed fit, you might want to size up. I think if you just tell theodoros how you like your jackets to fit, you're good. It may also be helpful to give him a couple of measurements from one of your own jackets which you think are a good fit.

You could go Thurston fit jacket, but I don't think that would guarantee a good fit, because of tolerances. I handled four Thedi's in size large. Ptp varied from 22' to 22.75'.

Jules Myers

One of the Regulars
Thedi jackets are pretty slim with high armholes. I'm used to wearing my jackets snug but if you're used to a more relaxed fit, you might want to size up. I think if you just tell theodoros how you like your jackets to fit, you're good. It may also be helpful to give him a couple of measurements from one of your own jackets which you think are a good fit.

You could go Thurston fit jacket, but I don't think that would guarantee a good fit, because of tolerances. I handled four Thedi's in size large. Ptp varied from 22' to 22.75'.

Thanks, Marc

Pandemic

One Too Many
I got a nice email from Greg to say that he’s running about 5-6 weeks behind schedule so my Mid Life Crisis jacket won’t arrive before my 50th. Not a problem. But he offered me a free upgrade to a Lochcorron wool tartan.

I’m still 90% sure I prefer cotton drills or sateens, but it’s always hard to turn down a free upgrade.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I got a nice email from Greg to say that he’s running about 5-6 weeks behind schedule so my Mid Life Crisis jacket won’t arrive before my 50th. Not a problem. But he offered me a free upgrade to a Lochcorron wool tartan.

I’m still 90% sure I prefer cotton drills or sateens, but it’s always hard to turn down a free upgrade.
Lochcarron certainly looks nicer than cotton drill. People say it's less durable and that's probably true, but I doubt whether you ever get to the point that it wears out if you have four our five jackets in rotation.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

I'd go with the cotton drill, it will last longer even if you don't wear the jacket much. Best lining material there is. I would personally decline the upgrade.

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Got this Schott 641HH on the 'bay recently. I thought it might be a little too large as a size 36 for me, but I figured I could pretty easily recoup the cost if I decide to sell it. What do you think of the fit? I feel it might be too baggy in the chest and upper arms.
IMG_20210207_140143.jpg
IMG_20210207_140203.jpg
IMG_20210207_140310.jpg
IMG_20210207_140319.jpg
IMG_20210207_140325.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Got this Schott 641HH on the 'bay recently. I thought it might be a little too large as a size 36 for me, but I figured I could pretty easily recoup the cost if I decide to sell it. What do you think of the fit? I feel it might be too baggy in the chest and upper arms.
View attachment 308142 View attachment 308143 View attachment 308144 View attachment 308145 View attachment 308146

I think it looks okay if you bundle up but it doesn't look like you get a lot of chance to layer so I do think it's one size too big on you. I feel a cafe racer should fit snug

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
I think it looks okay if you bundle up but it doesn't look like you get a lot of chance to layer so I do think it's one size too big on you. I feel a cafe racer should fit snug
Pretty much what I was thinking. It is a good size for layering, but it's usually not cold enough where I live for that to make sense.

jos198

New in Town
Need some help with Aero Board Racer sleeve sizing. I found a size 42 for sale. The Shoulder is 17.5 and sleeve is 26.5. I have a regular cafe racer with 26 sleeve and 18.5 shoulder. The sleeve length is perfect on mine. I was wondering if the shoulder is an inch smaller, on the board racer, does that mean the sleeves would be shorter also? So the Board Racers sleeves would be closer in length to my regular cafe racer. Any help would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner