Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Bolthead --

Great lid. That dove color felt, black ribbon, and gold edge-binding is one of the great combos in vintage hatdom, I think. Nicely done!

Cheers,
JtL

CRH

Call Me a Cab
In the dog house

NOS Whippet.

hpim1844.jpg

hpim1845.jpg

hpim1852.jpg

hpim1853.jpg

hpim1846l.jpg

Original price tag says $10.00.

The front pinch is a beaver's breath above 4.5 in. and the back is a bunny's hair below 4 in.

Brim is 2.5 in.

billysmom

One Too Many
CRH said:
NOS Whippet.

hpim1844.jpg

Original price tag says $10.00.

The front pinch is a beaver's breath above 4.5 in. and the back is a bunny's hair below 4 in.

Brim is 2.5 in.

lol lol lol

Gorgeous hat! Great shots!

Sue

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm...I think I'm in need of a Whippet. I don't have one yet, but I definitely need one! Or maybe two? All those beautiful colors...

At least I do have a few Whippet-esque hats in my collection...

Great lids everybody! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Hmmm...I think I'm in need of a Whippet. I don't have one yet, but I definitely need one! Or maybe two? All those beautiful colors...

At least I do have a few Whippet-esque hats in my collection...

Great lids everybody! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One of every color!

It baffles me that you don't have one yet, Mario, given your size and being 'the old hat hound' that you are.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Believe me, I'm baffled myself! Especially after looking at all those beautiful hats in this thread. The last Whippet on the 'Bay in my size (just a few days ago) had an unusually narrow brim binding and I prefer them wider. It just didn't give me that Whippet feeling, even though it clearly said 'Whippet' on the liner. Well...my day will come! :D

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Believe me, I'm baffled myself! Especially after looking at all those beautiful hats in this thread. The last Whippet on the 'Bay in my size (just a few days ago) had an unusually narrow brim binding and I prefer them wider. It just didn't give me that Whippet feeling, even though it clearly said 'Whippet' on the liner. Well...my day will come! :D

So you're an artist AND a philosopher...

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Request for BobC

Thanks for the kind comments.

Where is BobC?

Hey, Bob, we'd sure love it if you'd show up here with some pics of your pack!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just read through this thread this morning. Great hats! The one you have, CRH, is a beauty. I'm up to six of them - I'll get 'em up here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I just read through this thread this morning. Great hats! The one you have, CRH, is a beauty. I'm up to six of them - I'll get 'em up here.

ahem.

:)D I'd love to see 'em. :D)

Chinaski

One Too Many
Bob has 6 Whippets?!?!? I recall him outbidding me on a green Borso that ended up needing a new sweatband, so I believe we're the same size...(nudge/wink!)

In case you run out of kennel space, Bob, I'd be happy to help out. ;)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Whippin' up on Whippets!

Terrific hats there.

All the current hat industry should have to do is get this collection together to see where men's hats need to go.

Just before Christmas I was contacted by an older lady in my small town who knows I collect hats, and she told me she had a couple of hats that had belonged to her husband who has passed away and would I take care of them or find them a new home.

I stopped by her places and she had a rather inexpensive felt western hat and an older, rather dirty, Stetson Sovereign dress hat that had seen better days. And then there was an old Adam hat box that was rather dirty. It had a pictorial of the world's fair on it.

I tucked them in the car and didn't think much about them. I planned on rebuilding the Stetson Sovereign for a friend who's gotten into hats recently, because it was too small for me.

I didn't even open the Adams box until I got home and then my wife about had to pick me up off the floor.

There in it was a hat that, it turns out, had belonged to this lady's father in law. A perfect condition, chocolate brown Whippet.

And it fit me perfectly.

I didn't care what anyone else did for Christmas this year. I got my present early!

I relished fixing up the Sovereign and got it to my friend before Christmas ... he was thrilled.

I also wrote a nice thank you to this lady, promising her father-in-law's hat is now part of the collection that will some day get passed on to another collector.

What a treat!:eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Chinaski said:
Bob has 6 Whippets?!?!? I recall him outbidding me on a green Borso that ended up needing a new sweatband, so I believe we're the same size...(nudge/wink!)

In case you run out of kennel space, Bob, I'd be happy to help out. ;)

I forgot about this thread. I'll have to get busy here. I have 5 that are ready and one that needs to go to Optimo for a clean and reblock, but I've been waiting for the Christmas rush to let up.

stlenney

New in Town
Sam Craig said:
Terrific hats there.

All the current hat industry should have to do is get this collection together to see where men's hats need to go.

Just before Christmas I was contacted by an older lady in my small town who knows I collect hats, and she told me she had a couple of hats that had belonged to her husband who has passed away and would I take care of them or find them a new home.

I stopped by her places and she had a rather inexpensive felt western hat and an older, rather dirty, Stetson Sovereign dress hat that had seen better days. And then there was an old Adam hat box that was rather dirty. It had a pictorial of the world's fair on it.

I tucked them in the car and didn't think much about them. I planned on rebuilding the Stetson Sovereign for a friend who's gotten into hats recently, because it was too small for me.

I didn't even open the Adams box until I got home and then my wife about had to pick me up off the floor.

There in it was a hat that, it turns out, had belonged to this lady's father in law. A perfect condition, chocolate brown Whippet.

And it fit me perfectly.

I didn't care what anyone else did for Christmas this year. I got my present early!

I relished fixing up the Sovereign and got it to my friend before Christmas ... he was thrilled.

I also wrote a nice thank you to this lady, promising her father-in-law's hat is now part of the collection that will some day get passed on to another collector.

What a treat!:eusa_clap

Wow. You're one lucky guy. Hope you enjoy that hat to the fullest extent.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mixed breed

indycop said:
If Bob gets all 6 whippets together at one time they may start fighting!:rolleyes: lol

I trust that Bob will have them socialized well enough to prevent that. :eek:

You see, a well trained and well socialized dog that trusts you will obey commands even when they know the behavior is ridiculous and just plain silly.

hpim2091n.jpg

shakeshead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner