Autumnal Thoughts........

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by flat-top, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ScionPI2005

ScionPI2005 Call Me a Cab

Yankee candle's Autumn Leaves is my favorite scent of all time! I always need a few extras in my house.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Bushman and AmateisGal like this.
  2. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

I love that scent!!!

3. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Just in case the candle sniffers aren't aware, the synthetic perfumes in scented candles are carcinogenic, same for the plug-in's.
    As for autumnal thoughts, well, we're about to enter an umteenth hot spell with temps in the low 30's (°C) forecast this week, no rain on the horizon either, so, autumn has been put on hold for the time being.

4. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

I got some fall pillar candles at Dollar Tree and they have the twine around them with the little gold-toned leaf like you see just about everywhere. I was pleased to get 4 colors. I am so ready to decorate but the weather isn't helping. It's hot and humid and I have to fight mosquitoes to get into my door at night.

5. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

My wife has a cabin in the garden where she makes her clothes, (and mine,) she has the facilities for making herself a hot drink but when she's working late she tends to forget. Knowing that, I make her a drink and take it out to her, we then have the problem of moths. Where do they come from? One minute they are not there, then when a stream of light emits from her cabin, there's a squadron of them. Moths and fabric, not a good mix, fortunately the household fly spray is deadly on moths too.

6. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

What a coincidence! I'm burning this very candle right now.

7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

But, I definitely LIKE the Yardley english lavender soap! One of my new favorites. And not too creamy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  8. swanson_eyes

^That's a nice one. It feels like autumn this week with the temperatures topping out at 62 or 63. The leaves are just starting to change. I made soup last weekend and that's what I'm having all week.

Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  9. Trenchfriend

This year, we got really a classic transitional weather, in Germany! The last weeks it went colder, dryer and windier, like real autumn and now, the mornings are already freezy. I like it, because the time to "scarf" myself begins. :D

10. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

We're easing into autumnal weather here. During the day the temps have still been in the 80s and 90s (°F) for the last two or three weeks, but at night they've dipped into the low-70s and occasional 60s.

This week the weather monkeys are guesstimating a special treat for us because of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Rosa. Desert communities in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah, are preparing for flash flooding, but we'll likely get light to moderate rain, slightly lower temperatures, and increased humidity for two or three days here. Most of California is still experiencing some level of drought conditions so we can use the rain, but it would be far better if it was spread out over a longer period of time instead of getting dumped on us all at once.

11. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Here in the Nashville area, we are still in summer mode. It has been the hottest September I can remember. Finally starting to cool into the 80s during the day, and 60s and 70s at night. I'm ready for autumn so I can wear my peacoats and leather jackets. Also good motorcycle riding weather.

12. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

IMG_3503.JPG

LeFonque and Zombie_61 like this.
  13. Trenchfriend

14. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

I was replying to the OP 's post about Fall and what it means to him
    and to his question with regards to what we like to wear at this time
    of the year.
    See post #1.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Zombie_61 likes this.
  15. Lean'n'mean

Lean'n'mean My Mail is Forwarded Here

Only 8 months to go before summer. Jeez, time flies.

16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

It's still summer here. Temps Friday and yesterday were in the low- to upper-90s (°F) and while driving yesterday the external temperature gauge on my truck said it was 100°F for about 10 seconds before dropping back down to 99. :rolleyes: The weather monkeys are guesstimating temps in the 80s to low 90s for the next 10-11 days, and after that we might see some autumn-like weather.

17. swanson_eyes

It's been consistently in the 40s here . For some reason in the office it's ridiculously cold. My colleague wears his coat all day. I honestly think the AC is still running. I wore a sweater today and I had to put on my wool wrap. I'm comfortable at home. I haven't even officially turned on the heat. I haven't put out the fall decorations but I will this weekend. I have metallic pumpkins haha.

Trenchfriend likes this.
  18. Trenchfriend

Ah, I grabbed winterclothes (3/4°C) and did a spontaneous, wonderful midmorning-walkaround from 9:45 to 12:45. Lovely fresh, clean and spicy autumn-air, just perfect! Great melancholic, foggy atmosphere, like in "Apocalypse Now!", but without the river. ;) Drizzle all the time, but well protecting trees on my way and luckily, all the ways were not totally muddy.

I wondered, that relatively much people were on their feets in this weather, but maybe, they feel it as a romantic pre-christmas atmosphere or something like this. And surely, the most love the refreshing and spicy air, too. And thuringian woods are always great, of course. Life's good...

Zombie_61 and Woodtroll like this.
  19. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

Autumn is my favorite time of year. It sounds like lots of other folks enjoy it too. You captured the atmosphere perfectly. Thanks for taking us along on your walk this morning!

Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  20. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." - Roger Miller

Trenchfriend and 2jakes like this.