Autumnal Thoughts........

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by flat-top, Jul 26, 2005.

1. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

Yep! ;)

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

3. Woodtroll

Woodtroll Practically Family

I like canoes, remote lakes, and sunsets. THAT is a cool picture!

Zombie_61 and 2jakes like this.
  4. 1mach1

1mach1

An evening in Georgetown (Washington, D.C.)[​IMG][​IMG]

3fingers, dh66, David Conwill and 4 others like this.
  5. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

All the leaves are off the trees but I refuse to take down autumn decor and put up Christmas until after Thanksgiving. The gorgeous colors are still in my living room at least.

6. dh66

dh66

I managed to slip off for the weekend and take in a little fall color. There wasn't a whole lot left after a week of rain, but still enough to enjoy. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Grab a cup of your favorite tea and imagine a foggy autumn landscape.

Close your eyes...

8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Living close to a forest means I get to see so much wildlife, deer that were fawns only yesterday, are all but fully grown juveniles now. It's a similar story with the young foals, and the rest of the forest animals, a sure sign that summer is ending. Autumn creeps up so quickly, then before you know it we are adjusting the clocks, the evenings are dark and the temperature has dropped.

That's unless you're one of the southern hemisphere Loungers, lucky you. Christmas, reindeers and Santa always seem at odds with the weather when Christmas is summer time.

9. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

I've already begun seeing trees starting to turn here in Illinois.

Zombie_61, Harp and dh66 like this.
  10. dh66

dh66

No leaves changing yet down here, but the coffee shop by work had the pumpkin spice lattes on the menu today.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Michael R. likes this.
  11. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I'm a little surprised that the "pumpkin spice everything" invasion hasn't struck in our area yet. Of course, now that I've typed that I'll go to the store tomorrow and it'll be everywhere. o_O

12. Nobert

Nobert Practically Family

[​IMG]

13. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Yes, I'm looking forward to the leaves changing and that first cold morning when a sweater is necessary, but it isn't fall for me until these ⇩ show up in the store.
    russell-stover-milk-chocolate-orange-marshmallow-pumpkin-002440501.jpg
    I'd like to be a deeper person who talks about the change of seasons and the cycle of life, blah, blah, blah, but what I'm really looking forward to is the orange marshmallow pumpkin. I hope they had a good crop this year.

14. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Life outside of London took a while getting used to. I certainly didn't miss the inflated housing market, nor the street crime, but London is my city and despite everything, it's such a fabulous place, is it any wonder that it attracts visitors from all over the world, every single day. Here's some shots of Autumnal London.
    autumn-london.jpg autumn-london1.jpg autumn-london2.jpg autumn-london3.jpg autumn-london4.jpg autumn-london5.png
    But if you think that I'm getting nostalgic, think on, I am more than happy to stroll to the end of the road that I live in, straight into the forest, to see, on an Autumn morning, a sight like this:
    new forest stags.jpg

vitanola, AbbaDatDeHat, Harp and 5 others like this.
  15. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Must confess haven't noticed the trees-leave before dawn and often return late-but the dawn air is cooler.
    And, of course, the Bears have already lost a game...to the Packers dammit.:(

Bushman likes this.
  16. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Last Saturday night it was cool and rainy enough for us to make homemade French Onion Soup. Can beef and mushroom stew be far away??

French Onion Soup.jpg

Bamaboots, Zombie_61, dh66 and 2 others like this.
  17. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

Oh, that looks good!

Trenchfriend likes this.
  18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

As the sun rises on Sunday, 4th November, more than 400 intrepid drivers and their hardy passengers will set out on the world famous, London to Brighton Veteran Car Run. If you have never seen it, look it up on YouTube. It's an amazing event, everything from the cars to the Edwardian clothes, and it's always held in the Autumn.
    rally1.jpg rally3.jpg rally4.jpg rally5.jpg rally6.jpg

19. Haversack

Haversack Practically Family

And the London to Brighton Run has been going on for decades. There is a delightful 1953 movie called Genevieve in which the Run is the central feature.

vitanola and Zombie_61 like this.
  20. Haversack

Haversack Practically Family

Here in San Francisco, September-October is when we get what the rest of the country calls summer. It was 92 here last Friday.

Trenchfriend and Zombie_61 like this.