Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
05B5A50E-58A4-43E2-B0E2-0F9EDD06C4ED.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Living close to a forest means I get to see so much wildlife, deer that were fawns only yesterday, are all but fully grown juveniles now. It's a similar story with the young foals, and the rest of the forest animals, a sure sign that summer is ending. Autumn creeps up so quickly, then before you know it we are adjusting the clocks, the evenings are dark and the temperature has dropped.

That's unless you're one of the southern hemisphere Loungers, lucky you. Christmas, reindeers and Santa always seem at odds with the weather when Christmas is summer time.

Yes, I'm looking forward to the leaves changing and that first cold morning when a sweater is necessary, but it isn't fall for me until these ⇩ show up in the store.
russell-stover-milk-chocolate-orange-marshmallow-pumpkin-002440501.jpg
I'd like to be a deeper person who talks about the change of seasons and the cycle of life, blah, blah, blah, but what I'm really looking forward to is the orange marshmallow pumpkin. I hope they had a good crop this year.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Life outside of London took a while getting used to. I certainly didn't miss the inflated housing market, nor the street crime, but London is my city and despite everything, it's such a fabulous place, is it any wonder that it attracts visitors from all over the world, every single day. Here's some shots of Autumnal London.
autumn-london.jpg autumn-london1.jpg autumn-london2.jpg autumn-london3.jpg autumn-london4.jpg autumn-london5.png
But if you think that I'm getting nostalgic, think on, I am more than happy to stroll to the end of the road that I live in, straight into the forest, to see, on an Autumn morning, a sight like this:
new forest stags.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
As the sun rises on Sunday, 4th November, more than 400 intrepid drivers and their hardy passengers will set out on the world famous, London to Brighton Veteran Car Run. If you have never seen it, look it up on YouTube. It's an amazing event, everything from the cars to the Edwardian clothes, and it's always held in the Autumn.
rally1.jpg rally3.jpg rally4.jpg rally5.jpg rally6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ