Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What I can't understand are friends of mine who won't leave me alone about NOT wanting to try the bacon chocolate bars that they insist are "so good." Blech.

Hi

I actually tried Dark Chocolate covered Bacon today for the first time. It's good, but probably not worth the trouble. It is however, way better than the bacon wrapped cinnamon rolls.

Later

You insinuate that there is another sort. I assure you, there is not.
Well then, I present Exhibit A:

Bac_Os_zps3c856818.png

The list of ingredients reads, and I quote, "Defatted soy flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, salt, sugar, artificial and natural flavor, red 40 and other color added, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), hydrolyzed vegetable protein (corn, soy, wheat)." And immediately above the list of ingredients is the statement, "Contains no meat or animal fat."

Regardless of whether or not you acknowledge it, it does exist. :D

Well then, I present Exhibit A:

Bac_Os_zps3c856818.png

The list of ingredients reads, and I quote, "Defatted soy flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, salt, sugar, artificial and natural flavor, red 40 and other color added, soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), hydrolyzed vegetable protein (corn, soy, wheat)." And immediately above the list of ingredients is the statement, "Contains no meat or animal fat."

Regardless of whether or not you acknowledge it, it does exist. :D

Bacon Flavored is not Bacon. It is some nasty non-meat thing ground up and allowed to dry. Then they smack it with a hammer to make "bits."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hi, actually tried Dark Chocolate covered Bacon today for the first time. It's good, but probably not worth the trouble. It is however, way better than the bacon wrapped cinnamon rolls.
Gross!

The bacon wrapped bacon is the best.

The only thing better is when it comes with bacon on the side.

Americans love their bacon, and I love the american version of: "The full English breakfast." Well almost. If you go into a franchise like Shoneys, you can select: eggs, bacon, hash browns, tomatoes, sausages and on and on. Ending up with a couple of pancakes doused in maple syrup, with said syrup pouring all over the bacon. Have you guys got no finesse? Being Shoneys, you can eat as much as you like. We eat the savoury part of the breakfast, then go back for a couple of pancakes with syrup, on a separate plate. The looks we get. One assistant actually said: "Limeys!" As if explaining our eccentric food habit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart