Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The fox says pow pow pow pa pow.

:D
Mae started it...

Wait! Stray Cat has something to do with a farm, and farms mean work. I'm not traveling to Europe just to see leaves, and work.
Even if she is a good host. ;)
Plus my wife is the only one in my house that has flown.
When they open a bridge to Europe, I'll see Stray Cat, GHT, and a friend of mine in Gosport.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
:D
Mae started it...

Wait! Stray Cat has something to do with a farm, and farms mean work. I'm not traveling to Europe just to see leaves, and work.
Even if she is a good host. ;)
Plus my wife is the only one in my house that has flown.
When they open a bridge to Europe, I'll see Stray Cat, GHT, and a friend of mine in Gosport.
You don't like flying? You and me both. Whenever we visit your country, it's the same routine. I sit beside the window on the plane, strap myself in and don't move. Ten hours later, without food, and only a few sips of water to appease my wife, dehydration and all that, so, ten hours later, I am in the airport arrival lounge, all but bent double trying not to wet myself, frantically searching for the toilets.

Hate,hate, hate flying, hate the fuss that the cabin crews make, they seem to single you out when you don't fly well. Freaks me out even more.
Doesn't help when wifey explains that they are trained to look for people like me.

I hate flying on American owned airlines. $7 apiece for beer??!!! And not even decent beer at that. The European ones are much better. The Russian and Ukrainian ones are best. They start passing out the vodka before all the wheels are even off the ground, although I've found the food a little iffy at times.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

That's why they pass out the vodka first, so you believe what they tell you when the food comes out. :D

When I was there, smoked and cured meats were the most common (bacon, ham, pastrami type stuff and lots of sausages). One day for lunch we were eating sandwiches with what appeared to be corned beef, but a little different in spice or flavor, like it was smoked or something. In the best Russian I could manage I asked the hostess what it was. In her best English she tells me "errrr.....It is like pork.......but it is not pork."
More vodka please!

When I was there, smoked and cured meats were the most common (bacon, ham, pastrami type stuff and lots of sausages). One day for lunch we were eating sandwiches with what appeared to be corned beef, but a little different in spice or flavor, like it was smoked or something. In the best Russian I could manage I asked the hostess what it was. In her best English she tells me "errrr.....It is like pork.......but it is not pork."
More vodka please!

Aha! You have eaten skunk. :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In the best Russian I could manage I asked the hostess what it was. In her best English she tells me "errrr.....It is like pork.......but it is not pork." More vodka please!
I hate to tell you this, but one of the most popular euphemisms for the penis, on this side of the pond, is: "Pork sword."

Pork sword.......good lord. I don't think it was that OR skunk. The cut of meat was too big.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
True but if you are going to go on vacation then it might as well be into open spaces and with decent meals and hotel rooms that don't cost more than your car. :p
True. :nod:
...not that I own a car. :p

I think it would be awkward for all of us to be getting up from your bed...
I didn't know she ran a picturesque Inn Behind God's Back. Is that even a travel destination? :p
Well, yes.
For some reason, we attract tourists.. [huh]
There's a hunting ground.. I suppose the "untouched nature" and "killing fluffy animals" sound appealing. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot