Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fall_garden_wreath.jpg

This better?
(No need for you to answer, James) :p

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
I shall probably get hung drawn & quartered by geeks everywhere for saying this, but what does: "Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2"
actually mean?

It sounds like one of those bullet trains that Japan is famous for.

I shall probably get hung drawn & quartered by geeks everywhere for saying this, but what does: "Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2"
actually mean?

It sounds like one of those bullet trains that Japan is famous for.

Tapatalk is an app for smart phones and i-pads that allows one to use said devices to participate in all this merriment. It adds its own little signature to the posts, a feature which I cannot figure out how to turn off. Apologies for the obnoxiousness of it, but I have no regular access to a pc.
SGH-T959V I would assume is some technical designation for the model of phone I have

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Tapatalk is an app for smart phones and i-pads that allows one to use said devices to participate in all this merriment. It adds its own little signature to the posts, a feature which I cannot figure out how to turn off. Apologies for the obnoxiousness of it, but I have no regular access to a pc.
SGH-T959V I would assume is some technical designation for the model of phone I have

Figured as much, but thanks for the explanation anyway. ;)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
You will use the furnace. A lot.
Hold the phone Jack Frost....
If you use thermal drapes, AND you use clear plastic wrap on the inside of the windows, you can save quite a bit.
I do this, because my wife doesn't want to pay the utility company's big wig salaries.
So, we've used this for years and believe it or not, our furnace doesn't come on that often, at a setting of 67.
For cooler spots, we use a radiator type oil heater to break the chill.
Or put a fire in the fireplace. ;)
The coldest part of winter here, our bill is usually $230, gas, electric, and water combined. ($25 of that is sanitation charge)

Last edited:
Hold the phone Jack Frost....
If you use thermal drapes, AND you use clear plastic wrap on the inside of the windows, you can save quite a bit.
I do this, because my wife doesn't want to pay the utility company's big wig salaries.
So, we've used this for years and believe it or not, our furnace doesn't come on that often, at a setting of 67.
For cooler spots, we use a radiator type oil heater to break the chill.
Or put a fire in the fireplace. ;)
The coldest part of winter here, our bill is usually $230, gas, electric, and water combined. ($25 of that is sanitation charge)
$230?! My bill never gets that high! :faint: Serves you right for living with Evil Autumn. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
$230?! My bill never gets that high! :faint: Serves you right for living with Evil Autumn. :p

We have temps in the teens during the winter, which will sap the heat right out of the house. :eeek:
Then of course we run several computers, tv, dvr, ps3, lights, etc.
With the old furnace, my bill was in the $300's and I kept expecting a Christmas card from the utility company for helping them have another great year. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner