Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bates Terminator II, original pattern

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can't believe there's no thread or post with the word Terminator left in here?? Tried searching nothing turned up.

Here's what recently came after a one whole year's waiting. An original movie pattern T2 jacket custom ordered from Bates, Germany leather, thick but very very soft, not your regular motorcycle leather but a good leather nonetheless, drapes well, so it'll create the look like that on Arnold's shoulder. The slight sheen also glows blue in low light, on a photo, it could look just like the movie poster. My build is similar to Arnold's so the overall proportion of my jacket looks quite like the movie jacket in Bate's showroom.

The key difference here is the ring pull and functional pockets (movie pockets has no pocket in them, and the linings are velcro to conceal explosives). Of course, the classic square buckle is now a smaller chrome buckle.

This would be my last jacket. Nothing else can compete. It's also awesome to see Bates are still as good as always, the workmanship looks so damn good! Can you post a photo of the back??

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Can't believe there's no thread or post with the word Terminator left in here?? Tried searching nothing turned up.

Here's what recently came after a one whole year's waiting. An original movie pattern T2 jacket custom ordered from Bates, Germany leather, thick but very very soft, not your regular motorcycle leather but a good leather nonetheless, drapes well, so it'll create the look like that on Arnold's shoulder. The slight sheen also glows blue in low light, on a photo, it could look just like the movie poster. My build is similar to Arnold's so the overall proportion of my jacket looks quite like the movie jacket in Bate's showroom.

The key difference here is the ring pull and functional pockets (movie pockets has no pocket in them, and the linings are velcro to conceal explosives). Of course, the classic square buckle is now a smaller chrome buckle.
Give me your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.

regius

I love the jacket but I am highly sceptical that you have the same build as a multiple time mr.olympia. haha

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MYSELF TOO HAHAHAHA. Of course, I weighed 210lb he weighed 230 in 1991, bigger, longer arms and bigger chesst (Bates' record is his chest was 48, I am 44), but the point here is the proportion of this jacket and the original is very much the same.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Im seriously considering a bates or a langlitz and rarely see any info on bates. Im very curious how the two compare. Bates has been around as long as langlitz and has some very well known jackets. Just curious how things went and pricing

Edward

Bartender
I remember seeing that film in the cinema - August, 1991. I was sixteen at the time. I loved it then (though it has dated in certain respects since: on rewatching now, the kid - who is supposed to be ten, comes across as more like fifteen, and, in 1992, when the film is set, should only be eight, given the original film was supposed to be "now" when released, i.e. 1984 - really does grate, and I find myself on the side of the t1000 in that regard). It still looks cool in certain regards. That's probably the first D pocket I remember seeing and noticing it was different than my Perfecto-style. It's a nice look, well executed. For abig fanof the film, it must be pretty cool knowing you've got the "exact" jacket.

The belt is interesting - is that how it comes as standard, with the buckle on the right, rather than the more common buckle on the left arrangement? That's quite a distinctive difference from the run of the mill, ime.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I remember seeing that film in the cinema - August, 1991. I was sixteen at the time. I loved it then (though it has dated in certain respects since: on rewatching now, the kid - who is supposed to be ten, comes across as more like fifteen, and, in 1992, when the film is set, should only be eight, given the original film was supposed to be "now" when released, i.e. 1984 - really does grate, and I find myself on the side of the t1000 in that regard). It still looks cool in certain regards. That's probably the first D pocket I remember seeing and noticing it was different than my Perfecto-style. It's a nice look, well executed. For abig fanof the film, it must be pretty cool knowing you've got the "exact" jacket.

The belt is interesting - is that how it comes as standard, with the buckle on the right, rather than the more common buckle on the left arrangement? That's quite a distinctive difference from the run of the mill, ime.

I think the supposed year is 1995 on this film and not 1992.

Edward

Bartender
I think the supposed year is 1995 on this film and not 1992.

That at least would make the maths add up! I'm sure I remember reading 1992 in something at the start of the film (the T800's digi-readout, maybe?), but that might have been a slip.

Man, that's nice... @Monitor didn't you place an order for a Bates at some point?

As a matter of fact, I have, but there was some worry about the leather so I didn't go thru with it. I haven't given up on it, of course, just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing - which is exactly what Reg there has gotten.

Best part about this jacket is that it made its original owner just as freaking cool as the T800 was. That guy was a presence, alright.

Best part about this jacket is that it made its original owner just as freaking cool as the T800 was. That guy was a presence, alright.
Yeah but if he'd just handed over the jacket his hand wouldn't be crushed ice and his face wouldn't be an over cooked steak.
IMG_6902.JPG

regius

At least the leather in the movie is stove proof.

The final pricing add up to over $1000, it's quite expensive given the amount of wait because the Terminator jacket is not Bate's main source of income, my project kept getting pushed back. The buckle in the movie seems to be on the left hand side, but this is an easy fix, just flip the belt.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
The buckle in the movie seems to be on the left hand side, but this is an easy fix, just flip the belt.
A buckle on the right indicates the person is likely left handed. In a movie the buckle may be on the right either for convenience of wardrobe or the actor. It has to do with buckling & unbuckling. I wouldn't change just to be like the costume because that might make using the belt buckle unwieldy if you're accustomed to having the buckle on the left.

Just my thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot