Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berlin: Symphony of a Great City

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I had never heard of the 1927 movie --- until my current Literature class required it of me.... It is a beautiful movie, magnificently photographed and composed... basically the ultimate classic music video showing Berlin in the course of a day. (...done with hundreds of hours of hidden camera work in the city.)

The point is --- there are a lot of hats, fedoras, fedora-types, homburgs... quite the zoo.

Most if not all of them had the bow on the very back of the hat, no matter what the kind. I admit this was quite new to me. I assume this style never made it to America?

Anyone know any more of this style?

Michael D

Familiar Face
I once bought a vintage Stetson pork pie with a stingy brim that had the bow in the back of the hat. I suspect it was from the 60's.

Mike

Hmm.... You mean like the Stetsons in this ad from 1939? :)

stetson1939.jpg

Regards to all,

J

Michael D

Familiar Face
Yeah, the ribbon is right.

You know maybe what I thought was a pork pie was really just an open crown Stetson with the top flattened and a 2 inch brim. The crown wasn't telescoped at all. It was just pushed in a little.

I gave it to my dad many years ago. Hmm. I wonder if he still has it? I'll have to check.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails