Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best method for punishing the dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bertie

Familiar Face
It recently emerged that a somewhat creepy public figure in the UK, now deceased, who had raised much money for various charities in the course of his long life, was also a prolific and serious abuser of young girls and children for many years. There were various aggravating circumstances to the abuse, which somehow never came to light during his lifetime.
There has been some debate about what to do - but how can a dead person be brought to justice, how can they be punished for their dreadful crimes? Apparently the headstone from his grave has been removed, and there has been some talk of stripping him of his ill-deserved knighthood, but such gestures can be no more than symbolic. Hopefully there is a hell, where he is now receiving a special roasting, but if not....

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
He's gone. Nobody can get at him now. The only thing really helpful to those who were abused by him is if they manage to forgive. Forgiveness is the true healer. Hate, anger and resentment isn't going to help anybody. They just hurt the one harboring these emotions, keeping the old wounds open and infested.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
punishing the dead ? only possible if you believe in an afterlife where the spirits of the deceased are looking in on this one (which i don't).

oddly enough a suit belonging to Jimmy Savile sold recently on Savvy Row (just before the recent news) although the item page seems to have been removed:

http://www.savvyrow.co.uk/blogs/savvy-blog/6597299-hows-about-that-then

i wonder how the new owner of the suit feels about their purchase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis