Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

biltmore hats

hatlady

New in Town
Hello hat wearing gentleman.

I just spent the better part of a most enlightening day at the Biltmore Hat Factory, and having toured the facility I have to tell you all, as a professional milliner, (thats hat maker for women by the way) Biltmore offers one of the finest qualities of men's headwear I have seen. Gorgeous colours, super deluxe felts and straws, and great service So, if you wish to go the ready made as opposed to custom made route, and do not yet own one of these wonderful, integral hats, RUN, don't walk to www.biltmorehats.com or better yet visit the factory outlet in lovely Guelph. FYI Hatlady.

They're cool, they're crisp, and they're Canadian. Yahoo.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have to agree

About 5 or more years ago before I ever knew anything about quality custom made hats...and did not know what Ebay was...where I eventually amassed my great collection of vintage quality hats.....way before Optimo, Peter Bros., or anyone else..

There was Biltmore. I bought several hats from this fine company. They truly are well made, and extremely well priced. My first Biltmore was "President" quality 6X felt. Great stuff, and classic fedora. The price of $110 was very steep for me at the time.

I thought it was fine. For the average guy, not a gear head, or a hat snob, they are great. I still like the straw for everyday out in the yard wear.

But the only issue for me, is that I had developed a love for the 30-40's look. You can only get that from one of the fine custom hat makers which we all chat about.

So if you have someone who wants a fine hat, that doesn't want to pay the whopping $400+ for a custom, or doesn't know what to stealth for on Ebay....Biltmore is the way to go.

Fedora

Vendor
I like this: "Does a baseball cap protect my face from the sun?

Baseball caps usually don't shield the back of the neck, the ears or the cheeks, areas where skin cancers often appear. Hats with a 3 inch or greater brim, which provide reasonable protection around the nose, cheeks and back of the neck, are recommended.

Legionnaire-style caps (with a back-flap) shade the neck, ears and side of the face are also recommended.

Check the fabric the hat is made of has a tight weave and will not let light through when held up to the sun.

Why do I need to wear a hat throughout the summer?

Two in three of all skin cancers appear on the vulnerable head and neck region and almost all of these tumors are caused by too much sun over many years.

A huge proportion of the more than 60,000 skin cancer cases expected this year will be on the face, ears and neck - areas that could have been protected by wearing an effective sun-hat.

The best reason in the world for wearing a hat. Fedora

farnham54

A-List Customer
Biltmore service is excellent. I'm back in the North now, but while attending UoGuelph, I used to go to the factory outlet at least once a month to see what the latest offerings were. I have a very nice Cowboy hat from them, and have been temtpted by several straws, held back only by the measly student budget! :D

Not very durable hats by all accounts, but they are nice dress hats.

Regards,

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails