Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bon anniversaire Django!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Happy birthday Django! omg I never knew that Django played only with 3 fingers! :eek: i must be the only one who didn't know .... Life is always stranger than fiction without any doubt.

Jazz_Music_Legend_Django_Reinhardt_.gif

with injury and all, one of the best players in the world and my favorite for sure!:eusa_clap Bravo Django!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
956672_f520.jpg

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He influenced many musicians including Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King, Carlos Santana, Les Paul, Wes Montgomery and the list goes on.

It is alleged that Jimi Hendrix named one of his musical groups Band of Gypsys because of Reinhardt's music.

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
HadleyH said:
Happy birthday Django! omg I never knew that Django played only with 3 fingers! :eek: i must be the only one who didn't know .... Life is always stranger than fiction without any doubt.
with injury and all, one of the best players in the world and my favorite for sure!:eusa_clap Bravo Django!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually that article got it about half right. Django played his single note solos using his two good fingers, index and middle. The ring and pinky, although permamently fused in that hooked position, could still used for chording.

But yeah it was an injury that would have sidelined your average player but there was nothing average about this guy.

My favorite too!

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
I am a HUGH Django fan and am ashamed to admit I was oblivious of this milestone. Now to break out all those glorious tunes!

Merci pour les souvenirs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy