Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOTH SIDES OF THE TWEED! - Show us your tweed suits, sport coats and pants

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
where

where do you find these things????
I found that one in a vintage consignment shop. Most of the Harris is from thrift stores. It's not uncommon, but as far as sports coats go it's fairly popular so it does tend to get sold. That means I have to spend a lot of unproductive hours trolling the shops until it shows up.

Michael

Metatron

One Too Many
Stunning, Max. The cut of those 40s-50s British tweed jackets is unmatched. So flattering.
Maybe a bit more contrast with the trousers though? Other than that, you wear the look well.

Michael, cool outfits. Particularly like the Norfolk. What are those chunky soled shoes? Pretty cool.

Max30

New in Town
You are right metatron. Some more contrasting trousers would have been a better choice. Unfortunately I don't still have any other trousers to match the jacket style. I just started to build my vintage clothing collection and it's difficult to find appropriate trousers. Maybe the only touch of contrast is the tie, it's an original 1940 blue silk one with flowers, the blue colour changes depending of the sun light.

michael78

One of the Regulars
Here's a very nice English harris tweed jacket retailed by G A Dunn & Co, there seems to be some confusion as to dating harris tweed labels. Looking through some older posts on the lounge i presume this jackets dates from the late 30s to early 40s??, according to the "Baron" in an older post the label is from that time window, do you guys have any ideas?
Cheers
Mike

dunn(2).jpg
DSCN6790.jpg

DSCN6793.jpg
dunn co.jpg

DSCN6794.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112