Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bracelets for Men with Dress Clothes

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
I've never worn a bracelet before, and not a watch for probably almost a decade.

Anyway, I've never done this before, but for charity, I have this gel bracelet with the charity name printed on it.

With dress clothes, what's the RIGHT way to wear it? Words up or down? On the dominant hand or recessive hand?

LOL any I-talians from the "Olive Oil Bidness," wanna chime in here? :-D That's the only time I see men wearing bracelets with dress clothes, films featuring "Olive Oil Salesmen."

Thanks!

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
Well, class or fraternal ring is supposed to be on the third digit away from the thumb, think it's on the dominant hand.

But I think watches are supposed to be on the recessive?

Pocket watches were on the recessive side in the waistcoat/vest pocket so that the dominant hand could reach across and pull it out more easily, so I thought wristwatches kind of continued the recessive side.

I may be wrong here, though. It has been a while.

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
What if I don't wear a wristwastch?

Still bracelet on dominant hand?

And, maybe a lady can advise me here, because they seem to be the ones with personalized, lettered bracelets, should the words face down towards the hand (where others can read them right) or up towards the arm (where I can read them right)?

I'd tend to think that it would be important for others to read them.

shadowrider

One of the Regulars
What if I don't wear a wristwastch?

Still bracelet on dominant hand?

And, maybe a lady can advise me here, because they seem to be the ones with personalized, lettered bracelets, should the words face down towards the hand (where others can read them right) or up towards the arm (where I can read them right)?

I'd tend to think that it would be important for others to read them.

Just saw some pictures of Elvis where he wore bracelets with his name on them. Sometimes on the right and sometime on the left, next to the watch. The writing was always facing outwards, though.

Elvis-Presley-wearing-watch.jpg

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
IMHO wrist would be with whatever you are comfortable with. I'm right handed, tried wearing my watch on that wrist but just cant do it, its always getting hung up or smacked so I wear it on my non dom hand aka my left.

As for facing towards you or away with the lettering, I've always seen away so others can read it if its for a charity or such type thing. You know who its for but if I see it I don't want to try to read it upside down, so facing me is best.

As always YMMV & I'll bow to any more experienced than I. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner