Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Gold Label Cafe

I've owned literally dozens of Brooks jackets over the years. The pattern is simply impossible to beat. Reed, Kehoe and Brooks all had a very similar cut with only a few small stylistic differences. Without question tho, my all time fav Brooks was this one. The leather was actually much more substantial than the typical Brooks jackets and the fit was really nice. This brooks cost me $85:
View attachment 129342
This Aero, well quite a bit more:
View attachment 129344
Now granted there is no comparison on some levels, but to Sebs point, there likely doesn't need to be.

That's one of the coolest photos of the forum, Ton. For some reason, it looks older than it is. Must be the grain and the color, contrast or something but it's got that 70's Kodachrome vibe.

Gamma68

One Too Many
That's one of the coolest photos of the forum, Ton. For some reason, it looks older than it is. Must be the grain and the color, contrast or something but it's got that 70's Kodachrome vibe.

Agreed! It's an awesome photo that really stands out.

Back when my little girl was still little. Kinda chokes me up man. That was five years ago and she's screaming toward growing up so damn fast. Can't slow time. And fighting it is futile.

Last edited:

ai00344

One of the Regulars
Back when my little girl was still little. Kinda chokes me up man. That was five years ago and she's screaming toward growing up so damn fast. Can't slow time. And fighting it is futile.
Great photo, you have a real Springsteen vibe going on. I love the Aero but I have to say the Brooks looks even better. To be fair I guess we have to give the Aero some time to age / mold.

sberger

New in Town
0318191052.jpg

0318191054a.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many
I am getting a horizontal ridge across the back of the neck and shoulders.
Not terrible, just wondering if anyone else gets this?

Rich22

Practically Family
I've owned literally dozens of Brooks jackets over the years. The pattern is simply impossible to beat. Reed, Kehoe and Brooks all had a very similar cut with only a few small stylistic differences. Without question tho, my all time fav Brooks was this one. The leather was actually much more substantial than the typical Brooks jackets and the fit was really nice. This brooks cost me $85:
View attachment 129342
This Aero, well quite a bit more:
View attachment 129344
Now granted there is no comparison on some levels, but to Sebs point, there likely doesn't need to be.
Is your Aero Cafe Racer comfortable to do up, Ton? The front of the collar looks like it is above chin height. Aero's board and cafe racers seem to have rather unique mandarin collars in a couple of ways, judging by a few recent posts.

Is your Aero Cafe Racer comfortable to do up, Ton? The front of the collar looks like it is above chin height. Aero's board and cafe racers seem to have rather unique mandarin collars in a couple of ways, judging by a few recent posts.
I could never hope to snap close the collar on my Aero CR’s. If I had, I would’ve lost air and gone night night. Truthfully though, I’d never wear it that way so it never bothered me. Same with my SB CR’s. Strangle hold. I should say I only have experience with one collar shape, the Bates/Buco style.

It’s the neck hole. This jacket is designed to be worn while leaning forward on a motorcycle. If you stand up perfectly straight it will do this. I took a photo of some of my jackets hanging up in another thread and you can see the Brooks is built like this (rotated forward).

Al 916

One Too Many
It’s the neck hole. This jacket is designed to be worn while leaning forward on a motorcycle. If you stand up perfectly straight it will do this. I took a photo of some of my jackets hanging up in another thread and you can see the Brooks is built like this (rotated forward).

Reassure that I am not (in this way) shoulderly deformed.

Thanks for that

PS. I just tried a larger size on (zipped liner) and my one is much heavier as you predicted

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Getting my brown Brooks Gold Label relined at Byson Leather later this year as it’s worn through in many places as a result of being my go to summer riding jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy