Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco J-24L

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had the chance to try one on the other day thanks to a good friend who owns one. It is a very slim fit. It is extremely beautiful, solidly built and simply flawless owing to Japanese QC. I have not seen very many Buco repros so don't know if it is "perfect" but I must say I am very impressed. My friend also showed me the belt that came with it. It is a thick and heavy cowhide belt, not those soft flabby one used by Schott or their own J-82 etc. You have to buckle it or it will stick out which is why I guess they don't take photo with the belt.

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
Stu at Lost Worlds also does an AMAZING J24 Repro ... which in the flesh is absolutley stunning ( if a little too bling for my taste) .... I remember trying on a 44" which belonged to a guy at the Ace Cafe .. it was like wearing rhino hide and would have outlasted Methusela ..... stunning workmanship though and ran very true to size.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The RMJ J24 truly is a work of art. However, it it were me shopping at that pricepoint I think I would go for Himel's Avro- but that's just because I like the earlier "aviator" style. For the purposes of riding, it might be worse thought because it doesn't have as much biswing in the arms.

Regardless, I'm a huge d pocket fannatic, and glad to see some movement around here on these :D

FWIW, here's the Avro:
avro%20goatskin%201.jpg

tumblr_lf1ch2mHHY1qf0cj5o1_r1_500.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
LOVE the all black ... and very subtle stud work ..... I'd wear that :D :D

The bi-colour one ... too bling for my thing :D

siddhartha

Familiar Face
I think the styling is quite nice on that Himel, but I remember Wade saying that the pleats on the back of a moto jacket would cause you to flip over should you crash. Just something to think about if you are using that one for riding. That said, I think the styling is quite nice!
I would go for that RMC in a flash if it wasn't priced sooooooo prohibitively....

D

Deleted member 16736

Great jacket. I hadn't seen those wear pics before. I tried looking up the dimensions of a 44 and all I got was a general size chart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackadder

I think the styling is quite nice on that Himel, but I remember Wade saying that the pleats on the back of a moto jacket would cause you to flip over should you crash. Just something to think about if you are using that one for riding. That said, I think the styling is quite nice!
I would go for that RMC in a flash if it wasn't priced sooooooo prohibitively....
With the yen devaluation and the other makers raising their prices, it is becoming quite reachable.

mihai

A-List Customer
These RM look great however they seem way overdone compared to the original ones. I mean each seam is too straight, perfect, the leather is too much glove-like. I expect a much tougher, rugged product of this kind. LW and Aero are more balanced from this point of view.

Blackadder

You are quite right there. Those RMs are actually better than the originals in terms of leather, finishing etc. Everything is so very precise even the fit. It is going to be a difficult fit with such straight slim cut. I dismissed it for a different reason. I have to go one size bigger (from 36 to 38) in order to zip up but the shoulder is then a bit wide for me. I'd recommend trying it first since they don't do alteration nor take custom order.

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
The high end remakes that I have handled from the best makers such as Himel, Real McCoys, Langlitz, Lewis, are leaps and bounds more refined than the originals that they portrayed from the heydays of leather jackets. There is a simple reason for this- the originals where mass produced for a larger consumer base. If you fit the mold of the standard sizing then great, if not, then prepare to get accurately measured and get the fit that you need. I feel lucky that I fit the standard traditional, period correct sizing as it is hard enough to source a high end remake (cannot simply drive over to a local store and get it). Otherwise I would have to play the waiting game and go through custom order, which I heard is not difficult, but its easier when the standard sizing works. I am a happy size 38 standard in those really nice makes. As far as Buco from the Real McCoys? I went to Tinaka's show this year and boy oh, boy, those Real McCoys do some of the most serious work, no doubt!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner