Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Button-front leather jackets.

winston

New in Town
Hello all.
I really like the slimmer fit halfbelt jackets from the back, and aspects of the front too, but my ideal jacket would close with buttons rather than a zip.
Do any examples exist of a jacket like this? I remember a while ago on here there was a double-breasted halfbelt which was interesting, but I would want just the single row of buttons.
Did anybody make shorter button-front jackets in 'vintage times'? There are of course longer jackets available which use buttons, but I want the short-tailed halfbelt look.

Rufus

Practically Family
Hi winston... Yes they did... they come up on Ebay... but I've always been outbid sadly!

My next jacket purchase next year will be an Aero Bootlegger with a button front and halfbelt.

Aero are a great company, and will make any alterations that you ask/ they can reasonably do.

Oh... Welcome to Fedora Lounge, too.

winston

New in Town
That does sound interesting, but do you have a photo or sketch of what it might look like, or a photo of the sort of thing that comes up on ebay? I've been searching 'vintage leather jacket' and simply 'leather jacket' in the vintage section but there's little of interest.

Rufus

Practically Family
I quite often just put in 'horsehide' in ebay...that finds a lot of vintage jackets.. or try the men's vintage section.. It's just a case of looking! :)

I'll sketch the jacket I'm going to get made.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I have witnessed images of the most amazing button-fronted leather jacket I have ever seen. It is on the way to a UK Lounger from California even as we speak. No doubt (knowing the Lounger) more will be revealed in due course.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Is anyone going to mention the repro of H-J Marseilles's jacket from the people in Ulm?

I've never seen one in person, but it looks very good on pictures.

winston

New in Town
H.Johnson said:
I have witnessed images of the most amazing button-fronted leather jacket I have ever seen. It is on the way to a UK Lounger from California even as we speak. No doubt (knowing the Lounger) more will be revealed in due course.
Is this coming from a private seller or a manufacturer? I really want to get a picture in my head of what works so that I can put the design to aero as soon as possible.

H.Johnson said:
Is anyone going to mention the repro of H-J Marseilles's jacket from the people in Ulm?

I've never seen one in person, but it looks very good on pictures.

I'm about to do a search myself, but could you show me such pictures in case I have no luck?
Ah, I see it's a double breasted German flying jacket. Nice.

Thanks, guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR