Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson B-15c size question

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
Hi folks, I got a question regarding a BR-15-C jacket. Are these jackets true to their sizes or are they actually bigger than the size. Apparently a size 38 measures 23.5 inches across chest which makes it a 42 not a 38 even taking into account that these jackets are pretty thick. I require a 42 chest and want a trim vintage fit. I believe Paddy has a BR nylon jacket so could you kindly let me know if you think that a label size 38 will be OK ?

greyhound68

A-List Customer
I have one size 40. I wear a 42 in ELC A2s and 44 in RMNZ A2s. I find their 42s a bit on the big size. I do take a 42 in most of the BR A2s.

daddy-o

One of the Regulars
i been surfing around a bit on the japanese sites and they have measurements on most of the jackets. I am guessing a bit since I dont speak japanese but it seems that a 38 indeed would fit a 41/42 chest no problems.

Maverickson

Familiar Face
Hi,

For what it is worth, I have an original B-15C which is marked a size 42. I am not sure about BR measurements but I know what these original measurements are.

DSCN0751-1.jpg
B-15CLabel.jpg

For those interested in a comparison, those measurements for this original jacket are 20" shoulders and 25.5" pits.

Cheers, Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran