Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can anyone identify the woman in this 1930s photo?

J.B.

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
I've been looking at this for a couple of days now, and the name looks to me like it might be D. Maria D'Aguera or D'Aguiera or some such variation.....But I do think the last name is likely D'Asomething.

I would agree. It sort of looks like D'Aquis -- Italian? -- to me, though...

...I mean if she ditched the oriental jacket -- can't you just see her adorning this jar label?!

momspastasaucewu5.jpg

:)

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Great, this woman's face had finally left my dreams at night.
Well, back to some weird dreams, thanks guys!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I could be wrong, but I now *think* I know some historical information related to the photograph as well as the actual year this was taken, approximately.

Stay tuned.

Vintage Betty

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
I think her first name is Marian. Note the spelling; it isn't typical.

I'm not sure that's an 'a' after the 'i', the other 'a's that are clearly recognizable are fairly well defined. The character after the 'i' looks more like the 'r' in Clara, but there are three different 'r's here (Clara, friendship, From). I'd almost say it's Marien, except that there's an additional stroke between the possible ending letters.

Geeze, months of palaeography lessons, and I can't read a signature. But then, it's medieval palaeography, so I'm not much good past 1500 :p

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Anyone else find if they stare at her picture long enough she says your name?
Somebody delete this thread it's driving me nuts.

Vintage Betty

Patience, people, patience!

I have three lines of inquiry out in the field right now, and can guesstimate the provinence of the person in the photograph. I am also guessing some of the history of the photograph based on anecdotal evidence.

One of the lines of inquiry is a list of names of persons; I believe the steely-eyed woman might be on said list.

I won't tell you any more....just because I want to keep you in suspense. :D

You can thank me later.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

GWD said:
Or maybe that hot chick from "American Gothic"?
Americangothic.jpg

Ummm...not to get creepy...but that hot chick was the sister of the guy who posed as the farmer, I believe....

And she also looks like she is having more fun than our mystery lady...

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou