Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone tell me about this ventilated 7 5/8 Dobbs I won?

MattJH

One Too Many
It was a rare Buy It Now! find in my size and I jumped on it, even if the picture of the inside was vague after saying there was some damage. I received it today, and the damage to the leather sweatband is far more severe than reflected in the description or the images, but it's also in my favorite dimensions (5 1/2" crown, 2" brim) and the color is one I didn't have yet - a deep, rich, reddish brown. The felt is thick and soft; I'm surprised this isn't labeled a 20 / 25 / 40 / etc. I own a Dobbs 20 already and this felt is superior to it. Due to the sweatband damage, this will have to be a "beater" hat, but what a beater to have.

It also has two grommet ventilation holes on each side of the crown. It's a lot like the Dobbs Airflo as pictured in the ad in this thread, except there are no ventilation holes in the front under the sweat. I also can't imagine this being a summer hat due to the thickness and weight of the felt.

I'm just very curious about this find and I've included a picture of every part of the hat I could think of that may help date or identify it. Anyone have information for me?

01-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

02-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

03-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

04-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

05-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

06-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

07-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

08-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

09-dobbs-ventilated.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members